GreaseSpot Cafe

As promised, long ago..

Ham

Basically, they are all notes from pfal. Must've been a fanatic of sorts..

:)

med_gallery_1311_76_152843.jpg

in case it shrinks down too much on this page, it is in my gallery.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/uploads/...1_76_152843.jpg

Yeah, I could write that small, and actually read it. This little skill did prove useful a year or so back in Calculus III and Physics 211. Both instructors allowed one four by eight inch card with handwritten formulas and stuff for the exams..

:biglaugh:

I wonder how I could take ole vic's teachings SO seriously that I would do this.

Anybody else go to this kind of extreme? This was one of the most dense sections of notes.. but there are lots more. Genesis, John, lots and lots of notes, keyed to letters and numbers I put in the text.. even had a few "appendices" in the back of the bible, pretty much covered JCING, RHST, ADAN..

There is actually a complete copy of the 62 page pfal sylabus, but that part got rained on and is currently illegible.

well.. I've tossed out everything.. except for a few books by Pillai, Bullinger, a couple of greek books.. and this particular bible.

The last bible I bought was a Bullinger Companion in about 1985 or so. I refused to put a single note in it, but I did put my name on it.

Oh, forgot the Oxford in 1993. All it got in it was the holy spirit usages, and dechomai and lambano occurences. One of my kids lost it a few years ago.. no real big loss..

:)

Mr. H. --- wow does THAT bring back memories!!

I kid you not -- reading this here, got me to look for an old pocket bible I have.

Found it, and I see I bought it in 1979. Still got the little guy.

Pocket bible -- 3 1/2 inches wide, and 5 1/4 inches tall.

VERY small print. Oxford Press. Whole bible -- not just the New Testament.

It fit *handily* in the back pocket of your jeans. Could carry it anywhere.

Flipping through it now -- I see I've got MANY notes written in between the lines,

of the print on the pages there. How the heck I could do that is beyond me.

I need glasses (these days), to even read the print, much less what I was able to write,

in between all that *fine print* 28 years ago, without glasses.

pretty early on in my way daze, i bought a rapidograph with the smallest available point (today, it's like .13 mm--don't know what mine was). but eventually, i switched to pencil--if you kept the point sharp you could write real small. it also meant you could erase--which, in my later years (up til '86 or '87) came in handy.