GreaseSpot Cafe

Ice Bowl Sold Out in 40 minutes today

Hills Bro

The Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburg Pens will skate outdoors at Buffalo Bills Stadium on January 1,2008. The NHL and NBCHD will be doing the game live before the largest crowd ever to see a NHL hockey game. Unfortunately, I was not one of the 75000 luckey fans to get tickets.

topstory-2039045859869-9-17-07.jpg

It will be seen in between college bowl games not during. I guess it's the NHL's way of promoting hockey. Should be fun. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

... the largest crowd ever to see a NHL hockey game. Unfortunately, I was not one of the 75000 luckey fans to get tickets.

topstory-2039045859869-9-17-07.jpg

I saw part of the Final Four basketball one year from the cheap seats in the Superdome ... it was fun to be there, but hard to see any detail ... it will look about like this little pic here ... :unsure: tiny little guys chasing around a tinier little puck ... :biglaugh:

I don't think the fans that will attend the game will care much about sight lines. Tailgate parties and NewYears Eve hangovers will prevail. The NHL has blocked off many rooms at Buffalo hotels for Pittsburg fans. It will be one BIG cure the after New Years Hangover Party for the fans attending. The NHL and HD TV will bring a new look for those watching on TV. Already the 28 dollar tickets bought by locals are being sold on Ebay for 300 bucks. Hope there is a brawl!! Old fashion hockey..gotta love it.

• 3 months later...

Today is the day!

Fans who could not get tickets have the option of watching in the HSBC arena - or at home in their jammies.

They will interrupt the 3rd period to switch goal ends to give equal advantage - counting on a stiff wind with some gusts about that time.

Catch it on NBC, CBC or the NHL network.

Happy new year. Long live hockey.

• 3 weeks later...