GreaseSpot Cafe

Get over it

Nero

I think one of the biggest lies that was instilled and perpetuated is that if you leave you will be nothing, do nothing, amount to nothing, are a loser and will be in spiritual limbo for the rest of your life. They used fear, guilt, control and manipulation on you.

Oh yes, I remember that song and dance. It has been so indocternated in my family that my brother said something similar to me - only it was more about if people without any faith. Basically they had no hope - they couldn't make it through anything traumatic without some beliefs to get them through it. After listening to him I ended up telling him what I "believed" in I guess - and told him how I felt. (btw - it was a calm conversation hehe)

Most of my problems with God were because of the way TWI presented him. I was told he was loving and good by twi - but the way they portrayed him... he was worse than Zeus could ever be. I am so glad for my lack of faith right now or I would have believed that my father falling into a coma would have been my fault for my unbelief (yes - seriously - it was that bad). I would also feel guilty for him not waking up... also because of my unbelief.

This might be a subject for another thread - but lots of people have been coming up to me recently and talking to me about that. Lots of people know how I feel right now about religion. They talk to me sort of like I never believed in God in the first place (like they will explain things in God-terms like I'm stupid) and seem to want to offer me extra comfort because I am a godless in a bad time.

Maybe I just want to heal for a bit though... maybe I want to find God again - but maybe this time he won't be the evil entity that twi has made him out to be.

Goodness - I am so bad about ranting! Sorry! XP

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I just want to heal for a bit though... maybe I want to find God again - but maybe this time he won't be the evil entity that twi has made him out to be.

That was a rant??? :unsure: Ah honey you've never played in the pool with the sharks have you? (At least not on this board..hehehe) :biglaugh:

It is interesting how TWI managed to either install a man/god into our thoughts, a vengeful sadistic Zeus style god or just remove Him from the picture all together (it was all about ME and how well I believed). TWI claimed to be a Christian organization, and there were many people involved that were and still are true Christians, but the basic doctrine of TWI just seems to have been completely at odds with the expected goal.

Nero, it is good that you do not blame yourself for your father's condition. It is better that you can stand on your own two feet and boldly state your beliefs. That is a lot harder for some than it should be.

Never bothered me.
It is fortunate that you were able to discount such lies. For many this was not the case.
A lie was instilled in your hearts, minds and spirits and it was exactly what it was - A LIE!!!! When you quit believing the lie you will begin to heal, prosper and find your way again and you can start "getting over it".

This is beautiful! If I could I would put this on the front page of the Cafe! Hmmm....where's that Paw guy when you need him?

Most of my problems with God were because of the way TWI presented him. I was told he was loving and good by twi - but the way they portrayed him... he was worse than Zeus could ever be. I am so glad for my lack of faith right now or I would have believed that my father falling into a coma would have been my fault for my unbelief (yes - seriously - it was that bad). I would also feel guilty for him not waking up... also because of my unbelief.

This might be a subject for another thread - but lots of people have been coming up to me recently and talking to me about that. Lots of people know how I feel right now about religion. They talk to me sort of like I never believed in God in the first place (like they will explain things in God-terms like I'm stupid) and seem to want to offer me extra comfort because I am a godless in a bad time.

Bah! That's no rant.... you want to see a rant? Let me pull up a few posts for you. :biglaugh:

Yes, TWI perverted God - He starts out as this all loving, generous, protecting, caring daddy who has this huge cookie jar when one first gets involved with TWI, then he becomes a spitting, judging, bully by the time TWI gets through with him. No wonder so many of us decide that's no god to believe in and that we'd rather take our chances without him.

Nothing wrong with taking a break - reassessing things - and coming to your own conclusions about what you're peaceful and comfortable with. I think a lot of people believe in God sheerly for the fact that they are afraid NOT to believe in him. I mean, who wants to take a chance on not believing and ending up in hell? Kind of like being nice to the kid with the kick ball just because he'll take it home with him if you don't play by his rules.

People who do believe in the God of the Bible have a real hard time with people doubting it - sometimes I think it's because they, too, doubt it but are afraid to admit it. Others are so AFRAID of God that they are scared for how bad you will be punished for not believing.... either way it doesn't really instill confidence in that God, does it? Others, really just can't imagine not believing in God. You're right, that would be a good thread. :)

(((((Rascal))))) I love you and am so proud of you!!!