GreaseSpot Cafe

Way teachings of the death of Jesus Christ plus

year2027

God first

Way teachings of the death of Jesus Christ plus

11-25-2007

Here I sat thinking about some of the traditions of the Way ministry cult that I once believed like many others here on Grease Spot Café.

Let look at the teaching if you do not have all the details right you do not have the truth but what matters every detail right or the reason for the picture of truth God is painting with words of prophecy.

Some say there were three crosses on the day Jesus gave up his life for us but others say there were five all together.

Let me give you a example you will understand when my uncle Jack die other people die that very same day but I only visit my uncle Jack that week at the place were dead people can be seen before its too late.

Why did I not see all the others because that detail did not hurt me because I did not know them it was not that I did not care but my uncle Jack family needed me.

When Jesus Christ die it did not matter how he die with or how many others were there but what matter was the reason he gave up his life which was love for us.

Another tradition of the Way ministry cult was all ways looking for the profit when studying the bible but there are many kinds of profits you might find.

One can be a profit of knowledge but knowledge can be vain without love and another profit can be to bewitch others with your insight or the way you seem to have all the answers but that can be vain too.

The are many profits one can find when studying the bible but the only true ones are fruits of the spirit love being the main one that builds us up in our lives and others being the greatest gain we can receive.

One more tradition of the Way ministry cult is saying "Thus said the word of God" meaning the written word of God speaks for itself.

But it can not because it is written prophecy which most be read by some one or one might call it prophecy of the dead in Christ when talking about the bible prophecy.

But we have living prophecy which comes from the manifestation of the spirit that can enter in our lives as Christ in us the hope of glory.

One more tradition of the Way ministry cult the bible takes the place of the Absent Christ but did not Christ come back in the same matter as he left on the day of Pentecost.

Was not the day the Apostles look for the day Christ enter in their heart or is there another day there day Christ leads you up.

I say Jesus Christ came to die for us was the first coming and there are many second coming and they are when we receive the gift of holy spirit for some it was the day of Pentecost but us it was when we first love God and Christ back by receiving the gift in us hope of glory.

And the final return of Christ will be the day hope of glory is not longer a hope but we have changed to a life of immortality.

Now I could go on for hours about the tradition of the Way ministry cult but I have a question that I like you views on just for fun.

We know there is no darkness in God or in Truth of his Word but what about outside of God is there a place that outer darkness has not been lite up with the light of truth?

Think about Gen. 1:2 "....darkness was upon the face of the deep....." was this darkness that which God had not lite up yet and is the reason for darkness to give us and God a place to lite up with our love.

Just thinking way outside the box to try to see how darkness and light work spiritually together and how there can be truth hiding in lies but not lies within truth itself.

But if lies are just truth turn about then the lie is the part added to change it and if there is outer darkness it must that part added on the outside of God to give God a place to grow in his great love by lighting up that added darkness.

Yes A lot to think about but I leave you with love, and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy.

Thank you, Roy. I enjoyed pondering your new thread this morning.

Only one part, I'd like to respond to, as you asked. It is in regard to God being light, "and in Him is no darkness at all." The Way ministry boxed that one up, too, and too tightly, I think. I will have to dwell further on your comment that darkness is "outside" of God, and this is the opportunity for Him to fill that too with His light, His love.

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].” (Isa 45:7 AV)

But as you say, and as God himself says via John, "in Him" there is no darkness.

God first

Beloved anotherDan

God loves you my dear friend

I like the way you think my friend and look for answers of understanding

I like Isa 45:7 that verse has blessed me today so God creates darkness and evil why maybe its to teach us the power of love but I still got questions too my friend

thank uou

with love, and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy.

Edited by year2027

Roy, you always make me think. :) And, I love your love for God and His kids.

Yes, TWI was great at straining gnats and it is proper to focus on what's important, like you and your Uncle Jack, and not the peripheral stuff.

Fruit of the spirit is, indeed the most important profit and purpose of the scriptures. I remember the first time I read 1 Tim 1:5 in a version other than KJV:

The purpose of my instruction is that all the Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith.
That's really the whole purpose of the Bible, isn't it? To teach love. Love from a pure heart and a clear conscience.

That's what Jesus boiled everything down to in Matt 22:37-40:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

In light of that (pun possibly intended :wink2: ) could the darkness be used much like the tales of bad people in the Bible in so far as its purpose is to show the light and love of God?

God first

Beloved Belle

I am glad I got you to think my friend and thanks

yes love is "really the whole purpose of the Bible, isn't it? To teach love. Love from a pure heart and a clear conscience."

and yes it could be "the darkness be used much like the tales of bad people in the Bible in so far as its purpose is to show the light and love of God?"

its good to see you

thank uou

with love, and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to the death of Jesus Christ, my agenda is not to prove TWI right or wrong.

BUT, the emphasis regarding how many were crucified with Christ should have been focused on the one in the middle, regardless of how many others were there. I personally believe that Bullinger and VPW were right on how many were there, but the focus still should have been on the man in the middle, Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus die on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Tradition says Friday. TWI says Wednesday. I also saw a credible argument for Thursday. So, on this point, I don't know and don't care what day it was. The important thing to remember is that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in the lord Jesus Christ might have everlasting life. So the day of the week has no bearing on our spiritual lives.

Did Peter deny Jesus 6 times or 3 times? Does it really make a difference. Peter denied him and thus needed forgiveness for his transgression. 3 times or 6 times makes no difference whatsoever in our spiritual lives. Yet, it can give an indication that no matter how solid we believe our connection is with God, there may be times when situations get the best of us. Yet, God forgives his children for the acts of disobedience.

Some people go overboard in trying to prove TWI wrong. Some people in TWI went overboard to prove the exactness of God's Word. Let all things be done in moderation.

David

God first

Beloved David

yes "focus still should have been on the man in the middle, Jesus Christ:" and the love it took to do what he did for us

yes again " the day of the week has no bearing on our spiritual lives"

yes :God forgives his children for the acts of disobedience."

yes again "Let all things be done in moderation"

yes my friend you have pointed out the big things which is what I want too

you have made my dat bright

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy