GreaseSpot Cafe

Spiritual Shades...music group....

act2

Yesterday I listed on ebay a music cassette for a friend called Spiritual Shades.

I do not remember this group. Were any of you in it or do you know who the musicians were that were in it????????? Any info would be appreciated.

I'll take Way Music for $500.00 to complete the board...........

Hat Lady the tape you have Spiritual Shades was not a band that is the name of the tape. It was a post exodus tape done by Jim Braunreuthler all songs were Written, Arranged, Produced and Performed by Jim. The tape was done in 1988. His wife Karen did the cover design and Heather Jennings did the cover art. The tape was recorded at Music Lab in Tampa Florida the cover was printed at Sunstate Printing also in Tampa. It was rather an obscure tape you probably wont see many around we had a dozen or so in our bookstore I think . They were not much as I remember price wise around $6.00 or $7.00 dollars. I might be able to tell you what Jim had for lunch while recording it if necessary. :biglaugh:

I win ....I win..... now send me my new CAR............ :biglaugh:

Edited by WhiteDove

Oh by the way the song Eye of the Storm is NOT the same one as on the Called Out tape that you also had for sale. You might let your buyers know in case they were buying the tape for that song.

MR. Garth of course it was Coke............. Say after me.... In the beginning God created Coke and it was very good. Fizz 4:2

Act 2 - if you run across "Diane and the Ephesians" I'll go for double Jeopardy. Yes..... it was a real tape.....

I swear I don't make this S**t Up.........

Edited by WhiteDove

Personally,

I much preferred "Diane and the Ephesians" to the "Spiritual Shades" album.

At ROA '88, I bought every nonofficial thing I could get my hands on.

Not that I was avoiding the official things, but I could buy those ANYTIME.

Turns out I underestimated how hard it would be for me to get them the

next year-which was after lcm drew the line in the sand, and virtually all

the sellers took off.

Jim self promoted and self sold that tape , If I remember correctly. as well as doing all the music

There was some reason that the wouldnt let him in the "official" bookstore even though he tried. I forget what the reason was...

He gave me about 5 copies to help him sell, and then ..I never saw him again...

It wasnt the most effective marketing method

Ah yes! Jim was a guitarist, had studied at the Guitar Institute, in L.A., if I remember correctly. At the time I had a small photog business in Tampa and some video editing equipment. Jim mixed his original audio tape down to a video vhs stereo on one of our editing decks. Can't remember how the music sounded though. Jim was a nice guy.

Mstar is right about the self promotion, I talked to Jim a couple of times he seemed like a good guy, but we never sold more than the original order I don't think. That method works fairly well if you have an established name most of the former Joyful Noise/Way Productions musicians still self promote their CD's. Having a web site like most do today would have benefited Jim. By the way I just got this from S*l Ar*co for his new CD if anyone is interested.

Home Again

Edited by WhiteDove

White Dove, I have updated it and thanked a 'fellow believer' for the updated information!!

WordWolf, if I come across Diana and The Ephesians, I will let you know.

My friend's mom was in an early WC, family I think, as she was older and kids were grown. My friend has not even gone through the things of her mom's when she was in the corpse. She may have that tape!!

God rest her soul. She was a wonderful woman and died WAY too young. She would be so proud of her daughters and her grandchildren, and GREAT grandchildren.

• 2 months later...

Diane and the Ephesians for sale right now on ebay. It is NOT my listing. I just happened to see it when I keyed in Wierwille. Cassette, though, WW, not CD. Just thought I would pass it on!!

Edited by act2