GreaseSpot Cafe

Dear God

WhiteDove

Several years ago my sisterdove Dovey sent the following piece entitled Dear God. I was thinking about it this week as a group of dogs must think they have gone to heaven. In the past few months construction was completed on the canine condos. 12 units for dogs like Emile who will live their life out at the shelter. The Condos feature spacious rooms with cool water dispencers,ceiling fans 70 degree year round temperture and even couches and chairs for those who don't think furniture is a chew toy. Each apartment has its own private yard for checking out the guys next door or enjoying the view and voicing opinions on shelter activities. Several times a day staff members visit to share love and fun time.

Emile10.jpg

Emile has been at Hearts United for many years. He is now 17 years old. Emile has come to think of HUA as home. He is frail and easily upset by changeas a result of puppy mill abuse. We have decided it is in Emile's best interest to stay at HUA where he loves his caretakers and gets all of his special needs, including a special diet and frequent vet visits, taken care of. Emile loves his routine. He goes out to recess 3 times a day with the other dogs. Although he has arthritis he is one of the first ones out. He does a darling little pitty pat, bunny hop with his back legs on his way out the door to the yard. He does tons of exploring and greeting the other dogs. He is then one of the first back in because he knows he will get lots of after recess time kisses and hugs and will get special treats with whole carrots and peas. After treat time and kisses Emile settles in for a long well deserved nap. We are Emile's family and he is ours. We will care for him and love him for the rest of his days.

Dear God, Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another? Where are their priorities?

Dear God, When we get to heaven can we sit on your couch? Or is it the same old story?

Dear God, Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang,The colt, the stingray and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We dogs love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the Chrysler Eagle the Chrysler Beagle?

Dear God, If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God, If we come back as humans, is that good, or bad?

Dear God, More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God, When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?

Dear God, Are there dogs on other planets or are we alone? I have been howling at the moon and stars for a long time, but all I ever hear back is the Schnauzer across the street.

Dear God, Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God, We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God, May I have my testicles back?

Edited by WhiteDove

WD that was beautiful. I often tell people that animals are sometimes more humane than humans and they are certainly easier to understand.

wow.... WD you have been making me cry...

I hope tears of joy Dot.......... They have there own homes now where they can sleep on the couch if they want to. Hey I should have it so good they don't even have to mow the lawn in their house. :biglaugh: I was going to post some pictures of them enjoying their new space., but my scanner seems to be not wanting to work over the holiday vacation, perhaps when I get it back to work I'll post them. They have a new arrival a dog who was a nursing home dog for many years and now has medical issues that they could not afford to take care of and upkeep, they wanted a place for her to retire and live out her life. And so she came there . She served others for many years and now it is her turn to be pampered.

well good he found a nursing home with good care he reaped what he sowed in life!

when i cuddle my beast who i am not so sure anyone eles would live with, (kind of a complex critter he is) i pray for God almight to take care of him if i die before he does.

God knows it can not be just anyone (special isnt the word i would use here) he has loving needs that must be met ya have to hold him really tight so his paws are around your arm and he can hug you tight you have to use a blanket but do not cover his face.. the needs are endless..

God knows .

and of all the people places and things i desire in my very deep heart to be ok it is these two beasts i have had for almost two decades.