GreaseSpot Cafe

My Constitution

Howdy folks,

I'll be turning this in for my class project in a foundations class in metaphysics.

Please feel free to critique. Is somthing missing? Is of full enough? Do I have all the basis covered? Trash and bash if you'd like.

Thanks Patrick.

My Constitution

As a free man I am free to make the standards that I will live by. I have chosen to believe in one power that is greater then myself, that is my teacher, my counselor, and my friend. I will not give up my volition to any national creed, political party, religious system, or any philosophy that demands my allegiance.

I choose to align myeslf with those who hold love as the highest attainable goal in the present world. I choose to align myself with those who hold faith in the goodness of mankind and that a good outcome can be had through hard work and faith and always love.

I retain the right to change my mind as I learn more and grow in knowlege and wisdom.

I choose to treat all people with the respect that they deserve. When people act in such a way that does not earn respect, I will continue to love them, and encourage them to live up to the high callings of faith, hope, and love. I will never give up hope in my fellow human travelers in this world.

When I am in the wrong I will do what it takes to bring myself back to the right for the good of myself and all that are involved. There is always a place for forgiveness, redemption, and reconciliation for myself and others when the heart is willing.

When anything in this world does not rise up to my expectations, I will endeavour to stay supportive and encouraging, while checking my own hearts intention. I will remain open to new Ideas, and allow old ideas to evolve or be replaced according to the pressent situtaion.

My standard for life, and my resource for challenge, is love. My duty to this world is to live in such a way that encourages all to find truth and love that and never give up in a better world for all. I will embrace the tellents, differences, skills, and ambitions of those who are working toward the common good, while seeing with the spiritual eye, and understanding.

I like that you see humans as basically good, but then I am not one who believes in all humanity as being fallen. By your constitution it seems you see things of the spirit in an inclusive manner, not exclusive, with your base standard being love.

If I were to write a personal constitution, I would probably have a paragraph about responsibility.

Edited by Bramble

I like that you see humans as basically good, but then I am not one who believes in all humanity as being fallen. By your constitution it seems you see things of the spirit in an inclusive manner, not exclusive, with your base standard being love.

If I were to write a personal constitution, I would probably have a paragraph about responsibility.

Hi Bramble Just wanted to wish you seasons greetings and a Happy Happy New Year.

Cheers :beer:

I really do think you will ave a difficult time telling people they have a spirit .

people do not belive in a God dear. some do... but not very many believe it is the same God in that what His instructions may say or what He looks like or the plan.

many religous groups here today and the history of metaphysics will tell you that ...

it is not at all common.

Pound thanks for sticking in there. I appreciate your dialogue.

A belief is a powerful thing.

I believe that in one way or another I can talk to anyone about God. I think that most people are ok with a God concept as long as I am not force feeding them my rendition. Many a good agnostics out there.

"The truth is out there"

Do you believe all people are born from their mom with a soul and a spirit?

I do not. I think we have to be born again in the sense of accepting Jesus christ the SAVIOR of mankind believe God raised him from the dead Romans 10 etc..

and i know plenty do not accept this doctrine as truth so God is what just letting them pass? and give them a spirit anywyas? no choice in life huh?

God made man in His own image. Spirit.

Now what is the soul? Can you see it? The soul is who you and I are, with all of our life record. The soul starting from birth has learned what it means to be mankind........it has picked up everything it could along the way. The soul is where your beliefs reside. Your beliefs are a learned from birth by all the influences you have been subjected to; Where you where born, to whom you where born, how you where raised, every little thing that has krept into that head has been obsorbed by the soul and has made you................You the individual soul with all your beliefs.

There is an incorruptable part of every man, that is the Spirit, that is God. God is part of every man, and every man is part of God. As cman said so well..........We all have "it" inside.

What I love about Romans is the renewed mind. Renewed mind uses the Spirit to bring the soul to a purified state. As we through the Spirit speak truth to our own soul we begin to become like that Spirit which is God, which is Love. The ego of mankind is basically the soul that is not subject to spiritual truth. When the ego is hurt, God is not. The God part of us can then fix things up.

One thing that I liked about TWI teachings was Sonship and renewed mind. If you always "know" that you are a Spiritual being, and that you CAN live up to the Spirits desire, Then you will find true life and true peace. I have proved this...............to me. My soul believes it, trough a constant training, that the Spirit is willing to provide, according to our free will. Our free will is very important to the purifying of the soul.

every person breathes tho and has common dna. all whether they think a frog is God or Jesus is Way truth etc.

God created our soul all mankind.

and they are somewhat common in the DNa or the script BUT we all have a personality and sin etc...

not everyone has a spirit some do not want one .

we are free to deny a God any God plenty available. or to accept. spirit connotes a God of some sort so even if a person believes in a God doesnt mean he has the same belief system YOU learned in life or standard. i assume you think your standard is the holy bible so do many others.. and what God says to them is what many doctrinal division makes for the free will to flourish and even deny a spirit/ did ya read what i posted on metaphysic?sp

it is free will we live in .

My Standard is NOT the Holy Bible. My Standard is the Holy Spirit. I've thrown the book away for long periods of time, and I still have the Spirit as my guide. I believe that the writers of the Bible had there influences, religion, culture, belief systems, ect that all must be taken into account when reading the Bible.

Your post on mtaphysics looked pretty good. What was the source?

borg is the method of collective thought of many put together for the common good. i should not have used the term star trek fans know it.

God doesnt take what you think what you believe is truth and blend it in with mine and the guy next door and make us think alike. we are not borg.

Oh Star Treck....................Yeah I missed that part. I remember parts of the series, that is about it.

come on now

love is good except for those times it kicked my a@@ and i cried for weeks about it.

a general l LOVE is good is not a very detailed constitution is it?

ok then .

I see your point. Metaphysics can be a bit ambiguouse......esoteric.

When you find love, you have found God.

Hi Bramble,

I like your nick.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm responsibility.

I think that every relationship that has been put in my path is a God given responsibility. God has entrusted me with these responsibilities. In the end though each one is responsible for themselves first. When I mentioned that I had a constitution that I live by and that I think it is a good thing for a person to endeavor to live up to their constitution, to the teacher of the class I am in, he said "sure as long as you don't put your expectations on others".

In other words, "You are resposible for you, and let others be responsible for themselves".

Thanks for the input.

Patrick

Different choices in life bring responsibilities to others...marriage, raising children, accepting a job. These responsibilities take up the great bulk of my life and energy--if they were not in my life, my life would be quite different in terms of everyday actions and responsibilities.

There are other things I accept as responsibilities that involve others, family members, community.

Everyone is responsible for themselves works well enough when someone is well and successful, it is a different picture when the storms of life leave some unable to meet their own needs due to illness etc. I see family and community stepping in in those situations.

Edited by Bramble

The It thing is not well defined for me.

I guess my concern would be eternal life, life everlasting beyond death.

the hope of Christ's return to reclaim God people back to a life without Sin.

i believe the bible does have borders and conditions set, a plan really, so we can understand why our sonship is so very vital to God and mankind.

and I do not believe every who has live has a soul will spend life living forever. do you?

Everyone is responsible for themselves works well enough when someone is well and successful, it is a different picture when the storms of life leave some unable to meet their own needs due to illness etc. I see family and community stepping in in those situations.

Hi Bramble,

I have noticed this too. We have such pride in our own volition, and in our being self sustaining, taking care of our business ect, ect . When we have worked for it, we feel entitled, and the right to protect. Sarah and I are a team to ourselves, against the world.............Yet Christ said that the greatest amoung you will be the servant of all.

We come into this world in need of care from others and as we grow old it seems that a great number of us will need to rely on others again. It seems to be a paradox that I am still working through. Don't blink (line from a country song, about the secret to life, and how fast it goes). Much of our life is lived in our "glory days". The fun days. The goodness of God in the Now.

I live not for a future reward, but for a present benefit, of the Spiritual life, in the now. In the now, the fruit of the Spirit, is manifest in all of my responsibilities.

Patrick

The It thing is not well defined for me.

I guess my concern would be eternal life, life everlasting beyond death.

the hope of Christ's return to reclaim God people back to a life without Sin.

i believe the bible does have borders and conditions set, a plan really, so we can understand why our sonship is so very vital to God and mankind.

and I do not believe every who has live has a soul will spend life living forever. do you?

Hi pond,

TWI taught that the Holy Ghost, was not a third person of the trinity, but an it. Spir"it". Spirit of God in us. I find that the Spirit is how I commune with God and that "it" is always their and that "it" is as much a part of God as God is a part of "it". The highest God and the innermost God are One and the Same God. This Part of God that some call "it" and some call Spirit, is an inseperable part of every being made in th image of God.

Yes the Bible has borders and conditions set for "salvation". Evolution has brought many out of a "Bible bound" mentality. I am not bound by a book that was written by men, secluded to a limmited theology. I gain much from their Spiritual understanding and practice, and still the words of the Bible minister to me daily. There Bible tought me about God's love, and was a tool for my healing and wholeness, and I continue to find it relevent for Spiritual practice, but I am not bound to it, as the perfect word of God.

Back to theology and will every soul live forever?

In Christianity there are 3 prevaily theology regarding this.

1)Heaven and hell.......all souls spend eternity in one or the other.

2)Heaven and annihilation...........Some are saved.....and the rest are annilhilated(the mercy of God)

3)Christ is the Savior of all and will be robbed of none.....in other words one way or another all end up in heaven.

TWI taught #2

I progressed to #3 in my Christian walk and now prefer to believe something that differs only slightly.

First it is hard to emagine that all human beings will live forever.......I mean our finite minds can hardly fathom that each soul that has ever lived continues on and on and on............It is a great number....uncountable.

What is impossible for man is possible for God.

If I am to live forever then the rest shall too. God is not limmited to man's small emagination.

God is able, so I am able to believe.

I can not prove life after death, but it is a premise of New Thought that Spirit never dies. The Body dies but the Spirit and Soul live on.

In New Thought, death is "transition" to the next realm, whatever that may be. Since there is one good power, then the next realm will be good, and progressive. We retain our idenity as we move on. If we had a weak constitution in this world, and reaped the benefits of that constitution, we take that same soul into the next realm, where we continue to learn and grow. We don't change from "sinner to saint", but I'm sure the experience will be enlightening for both.

Nuff said about what I don't know. This is why I don't live for a future heaven, but live the heaven that is available in the now. Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to live the wholeness of "God in our midst".

Patrick

interesting .

i guess the idea of "the hope" of Christ returning is what often gives me strength, certainly not the circumstance of today for me.

i hope to see the promises of God concerning the furture in the kingdom with Jesus Christ as KING as good news.

we have good news today for sure yet without sin and satan running amok i believe life will be much sweeter and loving and well joyous.

so everyone goes to "heaven" for you? heaven is the place God lives for me not people the new earth will be our home in the kingdom and then with God and Jesus christ .

i kinda do live for the future in the sense of doing my best to please and obey God today, i will be rewarded and those who do not will be punished. so today with an eye on why for the future.

what do you think of grace and do you believe there is evil in this day and how does it impact your life?

i feel certain of what i say do to the bible being my instruction book not any enlightenment or personl revelation or mixing up of philosphocysSP

i do not limit God i do believe He is larger than a volume of words yet and again the scripture is holy and without them any ideal can run far to wide a path of confusion for me .

thank you for your thread.

Edited by pond

Patrick and Sara, re: your mother's Christian beliefs.

The Bible says we are a fallen race.

We are not inherently good.

The world will not get better, in the last days, perilous times will come.

You cannot raise yourself up.

Sure, you can be smart, intelligent, etc. But that does not make you "holy" in God's site.

Christ must raise you up.

But, because you say this is your mother's Christian belief, and you do not believe it,

Then, you not Christian? sorry, I thought you were.

If you are not Christian, then your article is excellent.

If you are Christian, I was pointing out where I disagreed.

You sound very theosophy/New Age/Rudolf Steiner, with Jesus thrown in for good measure. New Age/New thought with Jesus thrown into the mix does appease those who consider themselves christian.

With your belief in the "magick" of believing - that your mind can change reality (in TWI we called it believing, today it is repackaged and called "the Secret" - nothing new, the same old, same old in a new package), that we are all one, all will eventually be in Christ, you believe in the now/present, yet do not have the hope (future) - which is what Christians long for,

if after all this you call yourself "Christian," I would say, on the contrary. Here we have "Apostasy." Apostasy is a fascinating to research and see what the Bible has to say.

But, if this belief works for you, go for it. Someday I hope you will understand Christ though.

Edited by Sunesis