GreaseSpot Cafe

Very Cool Music Website

ChasUFarley

Maybe there's been posts and threads about this before...

There's a very interesting website that's sorta like a radio station, in that you don't know what song will play next, but you design the radio station yourself. It's free and I've discovered some wonderful new music because of it....

PANDORA

It's also very user-friendly - no real learning curve. Check it out - you might like what you hear.

DMiller - there's some great bluegrass to be found there!!

Edited by ChasUFarley

Please do check it out - I think you'll like it.

You set up a "station" based on a song or artist you like. Then you put seed songs or artists in that station to craft it the way you'd like it to be. It doesn't play those songs in order and will pick songs from a database of millions of songs with qualities that you approve of in the artists or songs you've identified as seed songs for your station.

For example, I set up a Los Lonely Boys station, but some of the seed artists are Derek Trucks Band, Eric Clapton, Rory Gallagher, Johnny Lang, SRV, Santana, and Kenny Wayne Shepard. It ROCKS! It's a great blues/tex-mex flavor station.

Rory Gallagher is one of the best blues guitarists and quite unknown. He started in a group called Taste and then went solo. His first and second albums are must haves. (Rory Gallagher and Deuce) My cousin turned me on to him way back when, actually pre-twi.

yo, chas!!!..............totally kewl link!........i've created seven different stations so far, and i'm totally lovin' it!.......i enjoy entering seed artists and then seeing what they come up with......i've created the stations by artists i love sorted by similarities in their musical styles, instruments they play, city or country of origin, or "genres" not included in pandora's "genre stations"............i have to admit, i've stumped their search engine a couple of times, but it's been great fun putting together my stations and then listening to them!!.................thanks much for a really terrific "heads up"..............i've been lost in this site for six hours now!!!!..........good thing i don't have to share my puter with anyone else!!!!............LOL!.............THANKS AGAIN!......................peace.

That IS one cool site,

Geeze, just a few clicks and a couple of song/artist imputs and I've got a station just fer me!

Amazing the repetoire. Old jazz standards that I thought I was the only one who knew, and they're ALL there.

How cool is that?

geo. <<< currently listening to "Art Tatum Radio"...