GreaseSpot Cafe

Defeating ALS

Raf

Many of you know or recall that my sister, Diane, was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease last year.

Tomorrow (Saturday, April 12), I am participating in a walkathon to raise money to fight this (thus far) incurable disease.

Many Greasespotters have already chipped in, and for that I am grateful. I kept increasing my fundraising goal to keep pace with everyone's generosity.

Right now, my personal goal stands at $2,500. I'm $200 short of that goal. Whether I reach it or not, I know that I am grateful for everyone's love and support in this difficult time.

Diane is in town for the walk. Other family members are on their way too.

My signature below contains a link to my fundraising page. If you haven't done so already and you are inclined to help, now's the time to act.

Many thanks to Paw and so many others who've made this a success for my walk.

God Bless You all.

Raf

Edited by Raf

A donation JUST came in. I have to assume it was in response to this post, but the person did not put a name or anything, and I don't see the name on my e-mail reply list. Whoever you are... thank you.

We did it!

Between the generosity of a few more greasespotters and a couple of friends from work, we closed the final $200 gap in less than 24 hours.

I am exceedingly grateful to and for everyone.

And yes, we'll all be doing this again next year. (I'll post pics here soon, hopefully video too, if I can figure out how).

To one donor: I meant to send a personalized message, but I think the form letter went out instead. I apologize for that. Hate when that happens. :)