GreaseSpot Cafe

Buffalo Bottoms

I feel compelled to share this because of all the things I knew or thought I knew has been shaken.

I've always enjoyed reading John's articles and had followed his whereabouts since I left TWI.

Several years ago I found out he was going to be teaching at someones house in a place (believe it or not) called Buffalo Bottoms.

A little flat spot in the road close to Sparksville, IN.

I was really excited to see him partly because I had not had any contact with anyone who had left TWI.

As is the custom we went around the room introducing ourselves and when it came to me I mentioned that I used to be in TW.

John immediately shot back with a sarcastic comment that left me dazed. Later after the teaching he offered to give each of us personal prophesies and I decided to go for it.

If I am not mistaken we even recorded it. John had put an envelope or something like that on the kitchen table for us to put money in. I think it was for a pamphlet or maybe the cassette tape.

Anyway as he walked by me he asked me if I was sure that I had put my money in for the tape. Again I was stunned and hurt because I felt like he thought I was stealing.

Now that I have read what has happened since then with John it really breaks my heart. For him and Elizabeth.

If David could have Bethsheba's husband killed and still end up being a man after God's own heart then maybe there is hope.

If David could have Bethsheba's husband killed and still end up being a man after God's own heart then maybe there is hope.

Chronology is of the essence.

This subject was discussed here about 8 or 9 months ago but I don't recall the thread title.

Thanks waysider,

Point taken.

As misguided as this may seem to some there is something in me that won't allow me to despise or hate. By all means we should be held accountable.

But when I look back at some of the things I have done it makes me cringe. And if my life was judged by that snapshot in time, well you get my drift.

It would not be wise to go into details but it some ways there are similarities and in some ways it could be worse.

Thank God I was given another chance. I sincerely believe that I am much wiser and have become a better husband and father because I have learned from those stupid mistakes.

I also think that I am not the only one who can say these things.

I am not trying to defend anyone's actions but none of us can truly judge another without judging ourselves.

I apologize if this may be redundant for some but it is important to me.

As much as some of us deserve it, is it possible to really stop loving someone.

Bless ya,

Waysider,

Because you took the time to look up the thread for I made it a point to read the whole thing.

My eyes are falling out of my head.

I plan on going back to review some of Wordwolfs posts because I would like a little more understanding

but I am currently on info overload.

Thanks,

...As misguided as this may seem to some there is something in me that won't allow me to despise or hate. By all means we should be held accountable.

But when I look back at some of the things I have done it makes me cringe. And if my life was judged by that snapshot in time, well you get my drift.

It would not be wise to go into details but it some ways there are similarities and in some ways it could be worse.

Thank God I was given another chance. I sincerely believe that I am much wiser and have become a better husband and father because I have learned from those stupid mistakes.

I also think that I am not the only one who can say these things.

I am not trying to defend anyone's actions but none of us can truly judge another without judging ourselves.

I apologize if this may be redundant for some but it is important to me...

I get your drift, Jeast – and think that's the right attitude to have in all of this. Your post reminded me of a few verses:

Matthew 7:1-5 NASB

1 Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Galatians 6:1 NASB

Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.

I think Matthew 7 addresses hypocritically judging others. We're in no position to help another when we are not aware of nor address our own faults. Galatians 6 implies there will be times when one Christian may have to make a judgment call on another – while keeping in mind one's own susceptibility to sin.

While we're on this subject – I'd also like to add I think it's our Christian duty to speak up and address the sins and faults of TWI and the offshoots. Perhaps the most sobering aspect of vp's moral depravity is that this is what happens when sin goes unchecked. You can almost bet vp never bowed his heart to the corrective elements of Matthew 7 and Galatians 6 – very few ever confronted him on his behavior. And when they did he just blew them off!

And even laying his moral depravity aside – we can see the practical consequences of his twisted doctrines that migrated to the offshoots. They [vp's twisted doctrines] engender the same attitude of arrogance and sabotage one's decision-making process.

Grease Spot is truly a godsend, in my opinion! It's not only therapeutic for those who've left but serves as a warning to others.

Edited by T-Bone

T-Bone,

I really appreciate the scriptures and I also believe it is our Christian duty to aggressively take a stand against those who use their liberty as a cloak of maliciousness.

Maybe I am just catching on but your description of how this should be approached has been the most sensible and scriptural I have found yet.

I could say more but I will close with just saying thanks and you made sense out of an often chaotic situation.