GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi Im Steveo

Steveo

Hi ya'll,

I took PFAL in 1979 in Pittfield MA the class was run by Peter Granucci

Went WOW in 1980 (?) in Des Moines Iowa

Went Wow vet in 1981 (Worcester, MA)

I'm an Advanced Class grad

I was in a Way Ministry Band called "Bema Bound" around 1981-82. The Limb Leader at that time was Foster Smith and my branch leader was Suzanne Ryan

I left the Way in 1982 (maybe 1983?) because I felt too "constrained" and mind controlled.

Since then I was in a Blues Band ( The Poorboys of Pittfield MA) and later in 1993 became a Licensed Praticval Nurse which kinda swallowed up my life since then. (I'm still a male nurse)

I still believe I am a Christian and I even made a website around 2002 called Faith Insights. Its still can be seen using this "Wayback Machine (not related to Way Ministry, Lol)....http://web.archive.org/web/20020126202452/....com/index.html If you look at that website you can notice influences from the Way Ministries teachings...

So I just wanted to say hey and its been AGES since Ive talked to anybody from the Way......(not that your still with the Way, ya know what I mean)

Well.. welcome Steveo. Can I ask, do you pronounce your name "Steve O" or "Stevio"?

What instrument did you play in the band?

I should introduce myself. I took the pfal class in 1974, it was coordinated by Richard Cunningham in West Virginia. Never knew how he turned out after all of these years..

went WOW in 1977 to Michigan, and stayed here ever since.

Advanced class, 1981.

God saved me from going corps..

:biglaugh:

Glad to see you here Steveo,

I am also relatively new to GSC and most of the folks have been great and I am still learning my way around.

From what I can gather from your other posts you and I have quite a bit in common.

My sons and I had a regional family band"New Frontier" for about 11 years. I am not sure what genre it would fall under because

we tried to play anything that our abiltiies would allow. I guess it could have been called it baby boomer bluegrass.

We perverted some old rock and roll , some current country, and some good old traditional stuff.

Do you have any of your music available to listen to?

Check out the Song of the Moment thread in the Open forum. I believe there are some really good musicians that visit GSC.

All the best,

Joe

My name is pronounced...

'

Stee Vee Oh

I played guitar in the band and I accompanied the lovely singers/vocalists Suzanne Ryan and Bernadette Willette

I do have one song available to hear but it is not of very good quality and it is an "original" song due to copyrite rules on the music site I posted it...it is called "Who is like God" and heres a link....http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=151284

You mentioned Richard Cunnigham and wondered how he tiurned out after all these years, I hear that 80% of the Way Ministry people have left the Way, so he probably has too. The guy I sponsored in the Corps have left the Way!

I guess the fallout from all the scandals have basically hit the Way very hard, although I noticed they still have a website but fail to mentioned Dr Weirwille at all!

• 1 month later...

Hey, Steveo! We have communicated elsewhere, but I just found your introductory thread today! I remember Peter and Faye. They were operating Larry Newey's leather shop while he was either out WOW or in the WC. (Or maybe they bought it from him, but I remember that he got it back when he moved back and they left the area.)

I should introduce myself. I took the pfal class in 1974, it was coordinated by Richard Cunningham in West Virginia. Never knew how he turned out after all of these years..

went WOW in 1977 to Michigan, and stayed here ever since.

Advanced class, 1981.

God saved me from going corps..

:biglaugh:

Ham, you and I have some things in common in terms of time, not geography. I took PFAL in 1974 (in Massachusetts) and went WOW (to New Jersey) in 1977. But I took the AC in 1976. Was accepted to the WC around 1979. Fortunately (in retrospect), something happened that made me realize I didn't have "natural leadership ability" so I didn't go in.

Hi Steveo! I got into twi in 78 in OKC,went wow 79 in Rexburg Idaho,went wow again in 80 to DC,then Phoenix Arizona

to Way home in Long Island New York,to Military wow at Fort Bragg North Carolina where I came to my senses and

got out of The Way and married the paratrooper I witnessed to ,had three kids and retired from the Army and now I

live in the peaceful mountains in Pa.(still married with grandkids!)

A little bit too much info(sorry)I got carried away!

• 2 months later...

OHMYGOODNESS!! "Well, I used to build straw houses on lots of sinking sand........." :dance: I was just trying to sing that song the other day. I was a WOW in New Bedford, Mass., 1979-80. "Bema Bound" came to New Bedford to perform and rehearsed in our WOW home. I don't know how many times I asked Bernadette to write down the lyrics for me. I kept losing them. But, I was 11 at the time. Not sure if I met you since you were with them from 81-82 and we moved back to NC in '80. WHo was the man that headed up that band? He wrote the Wierd Al type send up of "Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to Be Homos." He was hysterical!!! There were 3 women: Bernadette (?), K.T. and was there a Kathy?

Mom and I liked Foster Smith because he was from NC like us.

Anyhow, Steveo, I think that is cool. I am also a musician now. My husband and I perform together in a silly little duo. We play a variety of stuff. But, mostly classic pop songs.

Hope to hear more from you.

Kathie

Hi ya'll,

I took PFAL in 1979 in Pittfield MA the class was run by Peter Granucci

Went WOW in 1980 (?) in Des Moines Iowa

Went Wow vet in 1981 (Worcester, MA)

I'm an Advanced Class grad

I was in a Way Ministry Band called "Bema Bound" around 1981-82. The Limb Leader at that time was Foster Smith and my branch leader was Suzanne Ryan

I left the Way in 1982 (maybe 1983?) because I felt too "constrained" and mind controlled.

Since then I was in a Blues Band ( The Poorboys of Pittfield MA) and later in 1993 became a Licensed Praticval Nurse which kinda swallowed up my life since then. (I'm still a male nurse)

I still believe I am a Christian and I even made a website around 2002 called Faith Insights. Its still can be seen using this "Wayback Machine (not related to Way Ministry, Lol)....http://web.archive.org/web/20020126202452/....com/index.html If you look at that website you can notice influences from the Way Ministries teachings...

So I just wanted to say hey and its been AGES since Ive talked to anybody from the Way......(not that your still with the Way, ya know what I mean)

• 4 months later...
OHMYGOODNESS!! "Well, I used to build straw houses on lots of sinking sand........." :dance: I was just trying to sing that song the other day. I was a WOW in New Bedford, Mass., 1979-80. "Bema Bound" came to New Bedford to perform and rehearsed in our WOW home. I don't know how many times I asked Bernadette to write down the lyrics for me. I kept losing them. But, I was 11 at the time. Not sure if I met you since you were with them from 81-82 and we moved back to NC in '80. WHo was the man that headed up that band? He wrote the Wierd Al type send up of "Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to Be Homos." He was hysterical!!! There were 3 women: Bernadette (?), K.T. and was there a Kathy?

Mom and I liked Foster Smith because he was from NC like us.

Anyhow, Steveo, I think that is cool. I am also a musician now. My husband and I perform together in a silly little duo. We play a variety of stuff. But, mostly classic pop songs.

Hope to hear more from you.

Kathie

Hi Kathie, I dont remember practicing in your house but that was sooo long ago!

The members to the best of my knowledge were....

Suzanne Ryan - vocals

Bernadette Willette - vocals

Steve Taikowski (me) - guitar

Jim Dufala (from the Way Corps) - guitar

Tom Burke ( from the Way Corps, I think also he later became limb leader) - guitar

Peter Newey - Piano

unknown person (I'll remember later maybe) - drummer

unknown person (I'll remember later maybe) - bass player

There was also a girl from boston who was Bernadettes best friend Ill take a guess at her name....Kathy??

(sorry my memories arent complete from those days)

I do remember that song, it was named Bema Bound written by Tom Burke, I played it a hundred times while the girls sang, hmmm let me try and rember the words...

I used to build straw houses on lots of sinking sand

I was sinking in my bootstraps and hammering my hand

(dont member this part)

Im Bema Bound ...etc....

(Bema : The place of heavenly rewards, like the place where Olympic athletes recieve their gold medals, etc...)