GreaseSpot Cafe

I am a Competent Communicator

Sushi

Not to toot my own horn (but if I don't, no one else will :biglaugh: ), but as of June 3, 2008, I finished the Toastmasters Basic Communication Manual. That is the one where you give ten speeches of 5-7 minutes in front of your fellow Toastmasters and are evaluated on them, each one focusing on a different aspect of speech performance.

I now am able to put a couple of letters after my name (C.C.).I suppose I could have done it before, but it would have been without Toastmasters International's imprimatur. :biglaugh: It is to be hoped, I will be able to start a speech coaching business, with the letters lending credibility.

In other Toastmaster related news, I was elected Vice President of Education for my club. It was a landslide victory, since I was running unopposed. I am excited about this, since it means I will be an integral part of the club's success for the coming year.

If you have any qualms about public speaking, I would highly recommend finding a Toastmaster's club in your area and jumping in with both feet. Or, putting a toe in the water. However which way you do it, just DO it.

HERE!

Edited by Sushi

Congratulations. clown1.gif

It's nice to see you full of the hope and confidence that the taste of success brings.

It's so good being on the train marked "Life."

When I became certified as an internal auditor, it was the first thing satisfying I accomplished since taking pfal.

Then I started a eCornell certification program in financial management.

It's such a toot to feel like a Success is possible, and that we are contributing members of a society of which we are a part (and not apart from).

partyon.gif

In hope,

Thanks, Kit.

I received my first two advanced manuals yesterday, "Humorously Speaking" (surprise, surprise) and "Interpersonal Communication" along with my certificate of completion. I can't wait for the weekend to get a frame to put it in. It will be prominently displayed in the living room.

I'm also waiting for my new nametag (for those reading this, no, it won't be like a WC nametag. I'll still remember the little people who got me there :biglaugh: ).