GreaseSpot Cafe

New Way Believers' group forum on Facebook.com

zbrick

Yeah, z, the responses are not surprising. Thanks, WW, for your excellent post.

I'm also in the whatever-floats-your-boat group. Maybe some good will come of it, and z, you seem to be a sweetheart. I definitely empathize with you. I've very much enjoyed the Richieson's Way Corps site as an alternative forum for discussion, and hope your open site will make for some good.

As far as GSC goes, I'm sure your link will lead a few people here who might benefit from the purposes of this site. Thanks for what you're trying to do.

Mr. Z,

To explain some of your less-than-warm responses to your initial invitation, I think maybe you'd need to understand the depth of disgust many of us hold for WayWorld stuff.

It seems that maybe you're just not aware of how screwed-up an organization TWI really was/is. Or, maybe we've all been horribly "tricked" by the "adversary"?

And, as is commonly practiced amongst the true believers, you seem to assume that we should all be interested in Bible stuff. And - if not - then that must be due to some lack on our part. You know, it might be that the a-priori assumption that there's something special about The Bible is where the error really lies. REALLY, that IS a possibility.

Anyway, just trying to show why your initial post might have met with such palpable animosity.

And please do continue to post here, if you like. Maybe just go a little slower till you figure out what we're all made of?

Shietsurei shimasu,

Just to clarify... so y'all don't think I was being rude.... I asked an honest question to Mr. Z... I am also in NH, like Mr. Z and think our paths may have crossed...

As far as his forum, Facebook, etc. go - I wish you luck, Mr. Z. I probably won't participate (and I do know what Facebook is - I do have a profile there too but under my real name.) But my participation is more about time than it is about interest... I'm simply too busy to get into anymore projects or forums.

I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to post any more about this subject (which I don't intend to), OR on this string. But having gone through a divorce myself from eight years ago, which I'm still paying child support -- I still haven't forgiven my ex-wife for that whole experience. It definitely has taken its toll my personal life both physically and psychologically.

So you're aware that hurts delivered by others can be lasting ones.

However, the anger at vpw, lcm and others here range from the PERSONAL (as in "he looked me in the eye as he ruined my life")

to the offended ("he ruined their lives without a moment's hesitation") to the chagrined ("everything he said about himself was a lie")

and so on. Most of us are convinced that vpw should have served hard time in jail for the felonies he brilliantly concealed.

Most of us are convinced that lcm was taught by vpw to do the same things, but lcm was tricked into thinking they were right to

do, and wasn't aware they were wrong, so he wasn't so elaborate in covering his tracks, and was caught.

It can be shown beyond REASONABLE doubts-and it has been-that vpw's image of himself was wholly constructed,

"his" "unique" teachings were more than 90% lifted directly from a handful of other Christians, and when he was "original",

he was generally inferior in material to the original authors. vpw made up doctrines that permitted himself to indulge in vices,

and sin all he wanted, and say it was all right. Anyone who looked like they were going to tell someone was kicked out FAST

and their reputation RUINED so that they were cut off from everyone. Small wonder that a few people committed suicide when

kicked out of twi.

I'm not even hitting all the main topics. Let me know if you need pointing to them.

I can only hope and pray that some of the folks who frequent Grease Spot Cafe don't mistake God and His Word for a couple of evil, arrogant whack jobs who once operated a supposed Biblical research and teaching ministry under His name. That's all.

Many of us are still Christians, and consider vpw to have been a faker, a charlatan, who copied the work of legitimate Christians

and at points served God IN SPITE of being a worker of iniquity and setting himself up as Lord over God's heritage.

(I'm in there somewhere.)

Many of us were burned badly, and have looked in other directions for answers, and have found answers that they believe serve

them better than the ones they got in twi. Considering they're not committing the same crimes vpw did, I'd say their answers are

at least morally superior to his answers.

Oh-and those of us who are still Christians often conclude that a relationship with God isn't as heavily dependent upon either

daily Bible study or SIT as we were taught.

Feel free to look around and catch up. Or not, as it suits you. The GSC allows for free thinking, unlike twi.