GreaseSpot Cafe

Chas is going to Chicago....

ChasUFarley

Not sure how to explain this....

Here's the Readers' Digest Version of it....

My mom had my two older sisters before she was 18 and had put them up for adoption. She had me when she was 30 and raised me. My sisters are 10 and 13 years older than I am - I'm 37, so you do the math. My sisters both found my mother when I was 10 years old - I had NO CLUE that I had sisters and was tickled pink! I love my sisters! They were both in the military - the oldest one was in the Army and the younger one was in the Navy (Nato).

I haven't seen my oldest sister in 22 years (I was 17 years old), but since this year is her 50th b-day my other sister (the one who's 10 years older) and I will be flying out to Chicago on 8/9 to see her for 5 days. She lives in Iowa, just 3 hours from Chicago. She's married and has two boys - ages 15 and 11.

Anyhow... As you can probably imagine.... going 22 years without seeing someone and then "dropping in" is a little awkward. We made the arrangements several months ago but now it's coming right up, as I'm flying out on Friday afternoon. This is going to be interesting.... 22 years is a long, long time.

Congratulations Chas. I met up with my brothers after many years. There were some rough spots - but after about an hour we fell into our rhythm.

How cool that your boys will maybe one day get to meet their cousins.

Wonderful, Chas! Hope you all have a really special time. Good for all of you. Do let us know how it goes!! :beer:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the note - I've been so busy I'd sorta forgotten about this thread.

Things went very well - it was a nice reunion and they're hoping to come up here sometime soon. It was beautiful country in Iowa and I can't get over how inexpensive the cost of living is out there!

Anyhow, we're going to get together again soon - hopefully this summer!