GreaseSpot Cafe

A View From Space.

dmiller

Sorry folks - while the imagery and presentation was excellent - fact is they were ripped off from a power point from a colleague of mine. I would have no problem with the flash if proper credit were given. My $0.02 and worth at least a nickel.

You gonna put in a Cassegrain?

GREAT SHOW.

A project that I am working on, hope to finish it by winter for my 8" Newtonian Reflector.

Will keep all posted on progress if any are interested.

post-829-1219777722_thumb.jpg

I know the tendancy of these sorta videos is often, "Gee, isn't it a vast, wonderful universe" and such, but what I'm struck with, is just how remarkable mankind is to construct such things, and go such places.

We really are amazing critters when we don't waste all of our energy starting, or continuing, some goddam war somewhere...

Sorry folks - while the imagery and presentation was excellent - fact is they were ripped off from a power point from a colleague of mine. I would have no problem with the flash if proper credit were given. My $0.02 and worth at least a nickel.

Sorry Rumrunner. I was just passing on a link that was passed on to me.

I had no idea that *theft* was involved.

If I could delete this thread, I would.

Mea Culpa. :(

There is no apology needed DM and there is no Mea Culpa. There's no pedigree on the net - so we see nice things and pass them on. No doubt I've "committed the same sin" In this case I recognized the satellite imagery (slides) because of my work and science network. How were you to know the origin of them? No way unless you are in my business. So - again - no apology needed from you. It was an artful piece of work. As I originally noted - if credit had been given I would have had a much higher opinion. If I seemed to come down on you then please accept MY apologies. That most certainly was NOT my intent.

Best,

RR

Sorry Rumrunner. I was just passing on a link that was passed on to me.

I had no idea that *theft* was involved.

If I could delete this thread, I would.

Mea Culpa. :(

Edited by RumRunner