GreaseSpot Cafe

Our Powerful Examples of Young People in the Word

Twinky

For Cafe visitors who were raised in TWI.

Your examination question for today on the subject of Living in God's Power:

From the Way International website, April 2008:

"Our Powerful Examples of Young People in the Word

"In the Bible, a young person is referred to as a youth until he reaches 30 years of age. To walk in truth and to stand for God, young people need purehearted love for Him, for His Word, and for others, which they learn from the example and training of their parents. They also need the self-discipline to carry out the Word, which is built by the training of their parents and then lovingly adopted by the child’s free will. Each individual grows up with freedom of will and becomes accountable to God for his own life. "

Discuss, with particular reference to the words in bold type.

For Café visitors that were raised in TWI.

Please indulge me in this. I raised a son in TWI from 1976 until when we were "Marked

and Avoided" in about 1999. He cannot write or speak for Himself; but I think that His life, How he lives it and

His heart speak well of both the right on and right off things I taught Him and that he endured in TWI. Since I

am responsible for what I taught Him, I wish to address this in His behalf and in His stead

From the Way International website, April 2008:

"Our Powerful Examples of Young People in the Word

"In the Bible, a young person is referred to as a youth until he reaches 30 years of age. To walk in truth and to stand for God, young people need pure hearted love for Him, for His Word, and for others, which they learn from the example and training of their parents. They also need the self-discipline to carry out the Word, which

is built by the training of their parents and then lovingly adopted by the child’s free will. Each individual grows up with freedom of will and becomes accountable to God for his own life. "

In essence there is nothing untrue with this statement. It is how it is carried out or was carried out. The

purpose of controlling a person skews the true intent of GOD's Word and Will. If You twist it to serve Your own

intents and purposes to control people by breeding fear in them; they with teach it to others and in the training

up of their children breed fear. Raised in or up in fear as we all were to some degree or another makes it is

difficult to trust GOD or want to be accountable to Him.

One things that I did wrong that effected and affected my son if He could tell You is:

I chastened him to harshly and to often and sometimes not in accordance with GOD's Word but in accordance

with my leaderships interpretations of it.

example:

He would not sit perfectly still and quietly in fellowship. He did very very well most of the time as He loves and

respects GOD The music is His way of knowing GOD and the teachings are somewhat over his head so to

speak.

My Twig leader asked me to take him out and put Him in the car down stairs and to return to fellowship; that

we would believe GOD to protect Him. There alone in the dark locked into the car were GOD and Josh and most

likely all His guardian angels; as GOD protects us even when we do stupid foolish acts that we are taught to

do, when we don't know any better. I am sure that P@tty asked this of me out of the same foolish teachings

and lack of proper understanding.

It is not right to tempt GOD to see if He will work instead of using the love, the care and the wisdom that GOD's

Word teaches.

I couldn't wait to get down there to my son. I had asked GOD to protect Him and I had taught Him to never

open the doors to anyone. Yet I knew that He was both vulnerable and susceptible and easily enticed. I was

trying to honor this chastening goal of P@tty's for him to behave more appropriately in fellowship or wait in the

pitch blackness of night down stairs in the car. GOD did protect my son and they both have forgiven me.

The real lessen I learned from this came through GOD's chastening. It was to know myself, GOD's Word more

completely and His intent and purposes of training and discipline. Never to merely apply any principle of His

Word outside of Love, wisdom and knowledge or His Will!!! Absolutely, to never tempt GOD by placing a

vulnerable child or anyone in harms way. We paid a high price and it could have been heartbreakingly higher

blindly following the twisting of some of the scriptures and principals expected of us in TWI. I thank GOD that

He saved us.

My son still Loves, honors and respects GOD!!! He is a very uncomplicated and loving person. He understands

God and His Love through godly music and the giving and receiving of Love. I cannot possible tell You what a

treasure He is to know and learn from!!!

Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

The Gospels are loaded with examples of how Jesus taught and trained up His disciple

and the rest of the new testament is heavily concerned with how we are to walk as children of GOD and act in

our own families and His family. The Word of GOD states specifically what we are to do and what we are not to

do in training up our children and new members in the word. We are to keep them safe with care and

watchfulness. Not causing them to stumble or to be put into any position to stumble or to be made vulnerable to

harm.

Edited by RainbowsGirl

RG, that's horrible and completely ungodly. Your son needed love and compassion. Just a kid...kids fidget, make little noises, mess about, and rarely seem to be paying attention. Yet ask them about it later, and you may get a surprisingly full version. Perhaps your son couldn't do that but if you have managed to raise him, with his disabilities, to love God, you have done wonderfully well.

"Suffer little children" means "Allow little children" (to come close to the Lord) - not "endure" little children.

The "lovingly adopted by the child’s free will. Each individual grows up with freedom of will" bit really got to me, having seen how some parents hit their children for just being kids. There have been threads at the Cafe about the ill-treatment meted out to children; I wondered how some of our patrons who had been say Family Corps felt about their freedom of will. Some kids weren't raised with a silver spoon in their mouths but with a green card there.