GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Believer in fatal accident

bliss

Please excuse any incorrect info, this is coming 3rd hand. Recent, but not sure of exact date.

I tried my best at getting obit info online etc... but, for some reason couldn' t find any. (maybe you all are better than me). Or they kept in under wraps, dunno. :(

John Tuttle of Lakewood, Colorado (Fell Coord)died recently while working for Ed Hobbs log home business. His wife is Stephanie Tuttle (Lisinski?) (way disc group III). They had two little girls and one adopted son (recent).

He fell on a logging saw. Mark Wallace did the service.

so sad. I thought I would share this here in case anyone knew him or has more info.

I just hope they didn't make his wife feel bad for anything...... and those poor kids! She moved away though back to Minnesota? with her mom. She will need ooodles of support and love. I just pray that she gets it.

It was in the Denver Post, but i don't know what the date was. I found this mentioned on a different link;

Fall into sawmill kills Granby man instantly

Granby, CO - A 32-year-old Granby man was killed Thursday when he fell into an old-fashioned sawmill, Grand County authorities said

John Tuttle, an employee of Grand Lake Log Homes, was making adjustments to the 50-inch circular saw just before 10 a.m. when the accident occurred.

"Basically, they were fine-tuning a sawmill that they had moved to this location. [#x2026] The carriage kind of caught his leg and caused him to get pushed into the actual saw blade," said Grand County coroner Dave Schoenfeld.

Two other employees were at the new facility near the Granby airport, but neither saw what happened. Tuttle, who had worked for the company for three years, died instantly, Schoenfeld said.

Oh, I just noticed it was published July 23, 2006 on this link. So it apparently happened a few years ago?

Scroll down to read the posting;

http://spewingforth.blogspot.com/2006/07/w...merican_23.html

Thanks for the info! I couldn't get straight info from the source...and I googled it a hundred times!

I am surprised it was from 2006 though. They sounded as though it happend this month!

2006 was correct

yes, it was a while back. I remember feeling so angry over it because of the way Ed dogged his employees all the time to hurry up, I figured Jon was trying to get the job done too quick and died trying. lots of people had accidents from Ed pushing them too hard. I feel like it was inevitable that sooner or later someone would lose their life working for him.