GreaseSpot Cafe

Hayes Gahagan

HAPe4me

i knews hayes well.he was a nice guy with a carrer ahead but he got duped with the rest of us

it was during jimmy doops era in maine

hayes' class was called the blessings of liberty...and well taken by us dupes at the time...

i know i was there and had to mow his lawn!!!

me dumb!

I want to add a bit more to the sex organs in the hair thing too... There was a lot of publicity about subliminal advertisement not to mention tons of conspiracy stuff going around about who was controlling things. Lots of big brother stuff. it was a very paranoid time in the US... Since most people just repeat what they hear and read.. they don't really do the research themselves.. He was probably spouting the same stuff he was hearing. and it all dovetailed nicely with the vicsters take on the world and fit with what he was feeding the Corps then.

By the way this wasn't just stuff put out by the way it was pretty much standard in the press and in the news.

There is still lots of it today you just don't hear it shouted fro the roof tops as much as then

But I would definitely want to know more about his beliefs before I voted for him.... but then I don't live in Maine and I am a democrat.. and found caribou barbie completely annoying.

I took the Blessings of liberty class...I was there at the roa when Hayes was the "big thing"...

...and yeah, he was duped like the rest of us. It seems that whoever came in contact with Wierwille had their careers "detoured", if not destroyed. Hayes was no exception.

Maybe someone should E-mail him and invite him to post here? It might be interesting to hear his story.

I took the Blessings of liberty class...I was there at the roa when Hayes was the "big thing"...

...and yeah, he was duped like the rest of us. It seems that whoever came in contact with Wierwille had their careers "detoured", if not destroyed. Hayes was no exception.

Maybe someone should E-mail him and invite him to post here? It might be interesting to hear his story.

great idea email is from o6 but he and linda have been invited

happy trails

I haven't heard or thought of Hayes for many, many years. I did travel up to Maine for some involvement in that political emphasis TWI had, it was sort of in the diversity of the ministry that was going on: way builders, and so on. I was at the time associated with the Way of Virginia and Michael Martin, but for me it was a complete wash, nothing really gained. After the legalism of the fellowlaborers of Ohio, I was in an environment more of liberty, more liberty than I was comfortable with and none of the political emphasis gelled with me. At this time, I remember also, that a lot of concern was going on of an apocolypse, spelling, whoops, but what I mean is folks keeping food stores, canned and dried this and that, like a years worth...michael

I remember going to a political conference where Hayes spoke in California. It was an all day thing as I recall and as the day wore on I remember being bored out of my mind. I knew it was time to go when he made the statement to the effect that if you learned only one thing here, it is that in politics the ends justifies the means. After he said that I knew it was time to leave and not return.

And speaking of seeing sexual organs in his hairline I understand from a friend of mine who spent a few days at his house in Maine in the early 70s that Hayes had quite a stash of magazines showing bodily parts. "Hustler" as I recall my friend telling me. I am sort of more partial to Playboy. It must be the good articles. Fortunately, there are no sexual organs in my hair. Or at least there wasn't any the last time I checked.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti