GreaseSpot Cafe

New Years goodies...

Cindy!

Ok, here goes, but it may be too late since I'm posting this in the afternoon on New Year's Eve:

Any kind of narrow sausage wrapped end to end in Philo dough, baked, then sliced to 2" lengths with a mustard based dip on the side, such as grainy mustard mixed with mayo and a bit of honey.

Skewered shrimp on bamboo skewers glazed with your favorite sweet glaze or some apricot jam mixed with some soy sauce and vinegar, grilled, and pineapple chunks in between the shrimps is also complimentary.

Sliced cucumbers about 1" thick, dig out a hole on one side with a melon baller, make sure it doesn't go all the way through to the other side, fill hole with Krab (immitation kind, or regular crab) mixed with some mayo, lemon, maybe some green onion slices.  

Toasted brioche or sourdough, cut out with a round biscuit cutter, place a mound of krab or small shrimp mixed with mayo, cream cheese or sourcream, diced celery, green onion, a dash of hot sauce, or old bay, top with a relish of diced mango, avocado, lemon or lime juice, with cilantro. (bell pepper or jalepeno diced can be nice flavor enhancement and colorful.)

A warm crock pot filled with sweet and sour sauce and 'Lil Smokies.  Sauce is made from a jar of heinz tomato chili sauce and grape jelly.  Very quick and easy.

Crock pot with with nacho cheese dip for nacho's or a crockpot with your favorite chile.

Have a good party!! 

Edited by now I see

Thanks....those sound great!!!

I ended up serving:

baked ham and cheese appetizers

latkes with sour cream, applesauce, and caviar

chips and a taco dip

coconut cream pie

three different kinds of popcorn (a gift from a student of mine)

champagne and sparkling cider

and lots of confetti and new years horns and hats!!!

it was LOTS of fun and it was limited to our own family

down side is....we are wimps.....the only person who stayed awake until midnight was Steve!, the rest of us were in slumberland!!!!

• 2 weeks later...