GreaseSpot Cafe

Internet Explorer

mchud11

Ya know, Vista is a bit annoying. And Windows 7 is in the pipeline. Well, where I am is being dragged along with Internet Explorer 8 beta 1. It was like a day after I upgraded my IE, that IE just gets flaky, real flaky. And its not like you can uninstall it, that is what is required to install IE 8 Beta 2.. So, I am ranting, letting you know my experience and maybe you can relate to it.

IE 8 on my pc freezes. ya cant close it, let alone minimize it, Vista handles a "not responding" with little resources being tied up, yet it feels like a bit to long to close it down. My first response was to get another browser up to ensure I had an avenue to the Internet... Anyway, I have had issues with the inflexibility of IE over some period of years. I would love to see some of us G'Spotters experience with IE..michael

Well I can't speak for your Computer but In the Real estate office I work in many of the Vista laptops use FIrefox/Mozilla as the default browser.. maybe this is why.

IF you haven't tried it you should it is free.

and if you have vistas I am guessing it is already uploaded to your computer.

Word of warning if you haven't been using it all along you will find at first that you have to update any of the software for viewing videos on the net even though you did it for Explorer.

One of the pluses to Mozilla is that IT tells you when you miss spelled words on Forums etc. I like it.

And it has some other really nice features. NOT to mention the ability to set it up as you would like.

In fact the only time I use Explorer now is at work for a few programs that do not work with Mozilla but they are specific to data resources::: not what you would normally encounter out on the rest of the web.

And what wordwolf said too. :)

Edited by leafytwiglet

this is a cool browser

http://www.fenrir-inc.com/other/sleipnir/

Sleipnir can use the trident engine (IE engine) or the Firefox engine (gecko) so there are some firefox plugins that will work with it as well.

So if you are testing, this one is worth a look.

Thanks, Cman. I will install this, definitely. A few years ago, I used Opera extensively. Testing and messing about is one of my passions...michael