GreaseSpot Cafe

Whats is your best goofy experience on the Internet

mchud11

I admit it, I am getting goofy on GSC. In my early years of the internet, chat was all IRC. And I was still goofy, messing around and all. So anyway, I was thinking, hmm, I wonder if anybody on GSC would be willing to get a laugh about something goofy I did and maybe they have their own story. So, this is a bit off color, but not too, off color I think for a thread. And its from the goofy point of view, nothing is implied here, just goofy, you know, immature, impulsive, sort of like a two year old pulling on the living room drapes for no reason..

so, IRC was around and I found a group of like ministers, well they sounded like ministers, and of no religious affiliation, merely discussing ministerial things. So, in all this seriousness, I typed in "am I the only one here not wearing pants".. and of course, then disappeared...ok, similar to calling and asking about Prince Albert in a can, yes I was bored....anybody ? michael

Footnote: Oh, I was wearing pants, just for the record.

Edited by mchud11

Uh no.....You might find yourself alone on that one. But that was hella funny!! :biglaugh:

Oh, surely everyone knows anybody can be a dog on the internet, you want to be jewish, ya, you can be jewish, you want to be a astronaunt, you can be an astronaut... as long as what you are doing is legal, no problem...surely someone here would be willing to admit they represented themselves as the King of Indonesia, or a truck driver when in fact they are a restaurant worker...somebody has something funny to say,

Ok, I remembered some of my funnier experiences.

They were all in chatrooms, of course.

One time, I became almost a bystander as 2-3 other people in the room became engrossed in a

personal discussion about relationships. (Teenagers, of course.)

The discussion got to some point where a guy was saying that this girl seemed to be flirting with

him, but then the other person replied that they thought she was still going out with (another name.)

That's when I began typing again.

Me:"Maybe she wants a 'spare.'

You know, a toyfriend."

Him:NO!!!!!

I will not play second banana!"

Me: "Second kielbasa?"

Him:"NO!"

Me:"Second chorizo?"

Me: "Second bratwurst?"

Him:"I will not be a Second-Anything-Penis-Substitute!"

I didn't reply to that.

When you're doubled over your keyboard laughing, holding your stomach,

you can't TYPE.

There were also some running gags I did.

After the anthrax mail scare in Manhattan, I had a running gag.

I would go get coffee.....

"AAAAH!

There's ANTHRAX IN MY COFFEE!

No, wait-that's sugar."

Or getting french fries....

"Aaaaah!

There's ANTHRAX ON MY FRIES!

No, wait-that's salt."

Some people heard me do that one once, and enjoyed sitting in on repeat performances a few days later.

My best on also comes from our own chatroom. I would pay good money for a transcript of the proceedings.

One night, someone who was/is rather homophobic came into the room. As soon as I realized this, my warped sense of humor kicked in. Instantly, I became the token gay person. I began by doing all the stereotypical things a gay person would. I messed with him/her for a good three hours (yes, I had no life at the time). Rearranging furniture, suggesting window treatments, etc.

At the three hour mark, someone else in the room suggested to the homophobe that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't really gay, and that perhaps I was just messing with them. At which point they said, "BUT WHAT KIND OF PERSON WOULD DO SO A THING!??!??!?!?!!?!?" I replied, sort of nonchalantly, "An extremely effed up one?" That made the rest of my weekend worthwhile. Sad to say, but true. :biglaugh:

Ok, I remembered some of my funnier experiences.

They were all in chatrooms, of course.

One time, I became almost a bystander as 2-3 other people in the room became engrossed in a

personal discussion about relationships. (Teenagers, of course.)

The discussion got to some point where a guy was saying that this girl seemed to be flirting with

him, but then the other person replied that they thought she was still going out with (another name.)

That's when I began typing again.

Me:"Maybe she wants a 'spare.'

You know, a toyfriend."

Him:NO!!!!!

I will not play second banana!"

Me: "Second kielbasa?"

Me:"Second chorizo?"

Me: "Second bratwurst?"

Him:"I will not be a Second-Anything-Penis-Substitute!"

I didn't reply to that.

When you're doubled over your keyboard laughing, holding your stomach,

you can't TYPE.

There were also some running gags I did.

After the anthrax mail scare in Manhattan, I had a running gag.

I would go get coffee.....

"AAAAH!

There's ANTHRAX IN MY COFFEE!

No, wait-that's sugar."

Or getting french fries....

"Aaaaah!

There's ANTHRAX ON MY FRIES!

No, wait-that's salt."

Some people heard me do that one once, and enjoyed sitting in on repeat performances a few days later.

Great stuff here - lol

My best on also comes from our own chatroom. I would pay good money for a transcript of the proceedings.

One night, someone who was/is rather homophobic came into the room. As soon as I realized this, my warped sense of humor kicked in. Instantly, I became the token gay person. I began by doing all the stereotypical things a gay person would. I messed with him/her for a good three hours (yes, I had no life at the time). Rearranging furniture, suggesting window treatments, etc.

At the three hour mark, someone else in the room suggested to the homophobe that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't really gay, and that perhaps I was just messing with them. At which point they said, "BUT WHAT KIND OF PERSON WOULD DO SO A THING!??!??!?!?!!?!?" I replied, sort of nonchalantly, "An extremely effed up one?" That made the rest of my weekend worthwhile. Sad to say, but true. :biglaugh:

Yes, messing with people, its a developed skill, twisted to some. But when you think about it, it is sort of a leadership mind set, after all, too serious is best offset by too ridiculous. A couple times, like during "company meetings", I would walk up to the front of the room, before the meeting got started, and I would announce "I am so glad you are here, you know, you CAN become financially independent by selling soap", which was the best summary statement I could make, not having a blackboard with a big circle on in with the dollar sign in the middle and a box of AMWAY detergent.... (dedicated to all of those of us who got pulled into THAT surprise, by some well meaning acquaintance )...

• 2 weeks later...

I think they thought I was a "secret agent" from PETA or something.. but I really was well behaved. Didn't criticize anybody or anything.. even shared tips, how to trap troublesome squirrels.

one poor lady said, "just go away.. go away, Secret Squirrel.. don't bother us.."

"fine. I'll find somebody else.. another place that has a sense of humor.."

:biglaugh: