GreaseSpot Cafe

Priests stage fashion show

OperaBuff

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. According to this article in the London Telegraph, priests in Devon have staged a fashion show, complete with runway, to show off their fancy, custom-made clerical dresses robes.

post-1810-1233328885_thumb.jpg

OperaBuff must take issue with the last paragraph of the newspaper article, which quotes a female priest who says: "My stoles say something about my faith, the place in which I am serving and, most of all, point to the gospel of Christ... My green stole, for example, reflects the water and hills of my new home and parishes."

You're cutting into my territory, sister. Back off, and nobody gets hurt. The bowl full of diamonds and emeralds on my head represents years of hard work. Just ask your Queen, if you don't believe me...

The fashion show item put me in mind of something from AoS.

What the heck do priests want to wear this weird stuff for anyway? In this day and time?

Outmoded tradition dating back to medieval times, clerical garb then.

And some attempt at Levitical dress.

I guess JC just wore what was normal for him. Nothing fancy or special.

I do a lot of work for that company (J. Wippell of Exeter England)...Not in the vestments but in stained glass. I know the designer-- each one is designed specific for each individual clergy or specific event and handmade--They're not for me but the craftsmanship is amazing--hand embroidery and all that type stuff---some of them are incredibly pagan looking and straight out of Harry Potter or some wizard dream.

schori.jpg

Its not for me--(Im not a church guy) -but I think it looks better than the plain drab robes of years past.

If anyone wants one or one of those big old funky hats I can probably get you a discount

I do a lot of work for that company (J. Wippell of Exeter England)...Not in the vestments but in stained glass. I know the designer-- each one is designed specific for each individual clergy or specific event and handmade--They're not for me but the craftsmanship is amazing--hand embroidery and all that type stuff---some of them are incredibly pagan looking and straight out of Harry Potter or some wizard dream.

schori.jpg

Its not for me--(Im not a church guy) -but I think it looks better than the plain drab robes of years past.

If anyone wants one or one of those big old funky hats I can probably get you a discount

I will say this, the color coordination hits the mark. I think "Waynes World" would say the look is: holy, but I know how to party.