GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps recruitment

RumRunner

To be fair.......twi probably needed to give a few fire alarms to adjust procedures and measure response times in the event of an emergency.

What wasn't fair........to castigate THE WHOLE DAM* CORPS in light of a couple sleepy-heads. Yell, yell, yell......bitch, bitch, bitch on it at breakfast AND at lunch.

When there are some 480 corps on campus......EVERYDAY THERE WAS SOMETHING TO YELL ABOUT. The constant barrage of confrontations got so old. And, it was like being tag-teamed ALL WEEK LONG.......if it wasn't the corps coordinator, it was the wife.....or the area coordinator........or the work coordinator.......or the branch coordinator......

The corps became an image of what they saw daily...........CONFRONTING EVERYTHING.

:evildenk:

that's why I was really relieved to get kicked out, and we didn't even have a fire drill.

• Upvote 1

White Dove, if you are upset that people seem to be applying a double standard to your words and experiences, might I suggest that they are only holding you to your own standards. You are the one who rejects any testimony that is not documented, you are the one who rejects any testimony from second-hand sources, you are the one who belittles those who have first hand experiences and question their memory and even their motives. Most of the incidents where posters are doing this to you appears to be a holding of your feet to the fire.

As far as first, second, third hand reports are concerned, First Hand Testimony is from a person who has witnessed or experienced what is being reported. It is still first hand whenever that person tells anyone about it or writes about it. If the are quoted in a newspaper, write a book or post it on the internet, it's still first hand information.

Once someone tells someone about that information without actually having the person physically in the room, or having the newspaper article, book or internet posting right there to refer to, it becomes second hand to the person hearing or reading it. In other words, if I tell you about an incident in my childhood, it first hand information to you, but if you tell someone else, then it becomes second hand information to the person that you tell it to, despite it being first hand information to you.

If you are going to disregard information that someone passes on second hand after possibly hearing it from the source, don't be surprised when information that people that you personally know have told you, is not accepted as anything other than second hand, because it's the same thing.

WD - can you say the words "sense" "of" "humor"? I didn't start this thread as some kind of serious commentary - I started it because I was talking with an old friend on the phone about TWI and the corps - I don't even remember who brought it up - that person or me - but we had a good laugh and I decided to start a light hearted thread while still maintaining my anti-TWI views.

Learn to laugh at humor WD. Not everything is a supreme court case.

Now - click your heels together three times and say "I want to go home."

Flying monkeys? Ahhh.. the witch's little flying henchmen - who carried poor Dorothy to the witch and her clergy (you know, the winkie soldiers who sang, "Oh we oh OH OH!" ;) )

Edited by doojable