GreaseSpot Cafe

The minister

Dot Matrix

I do not know how to even start this. I have dribbled my life here for years. I have made friends I love and enemies I barely consider harmful anymore. But I went through a hellacious existence for the past 20 years since TWI, which had nothing to do with them. It had everything to do with me.

Even in TWI, I loved God and knew those “fruit loops” were not teaching the right stuff once I got past the protective layers of well placed lies which doubled as insulation.

I have healed because God loves me and because of a few well-placed “tools” such as Greasespot café which God graciously allowed to exist.

After TWI, I met a guy who was rebellious, handsome and who had a kindness he displayed but it was wrapped in a lot of personal history of pain and struggle. Which he never stopped trying to defeat but never quite defeated.

We divorced and as sad as it was to take all my displaced hope back from slathering it on the situations, I felt a release. Shortly after that, a man of the cloth got involved in my life. First, as a friend offering support and prayer, but then he pursued me and gave me unfettered attention the likes of which I had forgotten in the trials I had been through for the past 20 years.

This is a story about THAT man. I will call him Raj Kalawatoo. He was a converted Hindu to Christianity and had worked hard in the field of ministry eventually getting his doctorate degree.

This man damaged me more than TWI, my failed marriage or any other heartbreak I had ever known. And he did so by being a “dream weaver” who would then strategically destroy the very dream he created leaving one who was standing, on its well-constructed surface, to fall into vapid nothingness.

I was emotionally crippled and barely at a crawl when the Lord sent an army to circle me and allow me to heal in the center of their “guard”. And a friend of a friend had heard of this man’s ministry and we met at a time when my world was bleak and the only reason I survived was because God loved me.

He stepped into my life and would be the first voice I heard in the morning as he called and we would start our day. We talked at around 10:00 am then, all through my lunch, 3:00 pm, when I got home from work, around 8:00 pm then again at 11:00 to pray for the evening.

He was romantic, flattering, intelligent, witty and kind. We would look things up on the Internet together, watch youtube and God tube songs, study the Bible, talk endlessly and make plans.

We looked into moving to Penna. We checked out homes we prayed that God would bring us together, worked on a newsletter, a website, and he told me he loved me everyday several times a day where my X-husband had not said it in about 14 years.

One day, he told me his son watched a sitcom and he just caught a portion of it. He said the guy was acting all stupid around this girl. And finally, she kissed him to have him relax and he even acted more stupid. He said, “I love you so much, I feel young and stupid around you.” He told me God brought us together – and I thought he did as we were introduced by one of the greatest examples of a Christian man I know and we were introduced so he and I could pray together.

We would call each other “My 17-year-old girlfriend and my 17-year-old-boyfriend”

He constantly told me he could not get enough of me. He asked me, and I told him all my dreams, aspirations, all my heart. He told me I was the love of his life. And then, like Samson, I was completely hooked.

When we were doing OUR newsletter, I told him I live for this stuff and he pulled the plug right after I said it. But like Samson, I did not recognize it and he would deliberately set me up to find out an Achilles heel – then DO exactly what I said would destroy me, I would not collapse, then he’d do the next thing. I told him I could not take people "just disappearing". And after spending 8900 minutes on the phone that month he abruptly stopped calling me for 18 days without explanation. When I wrote him and told him, "I did not know what I did wrong" he did not respond. When I told him I was "falling apart and to please just call to tell me what I did wrong," he did not contact me – but all the while he ran his church, taught on Christian love, prepared classes etc. I was devastated. I wrote him a note and told him so – still nothing. Then, he called and said, “Sometimes in silence we find out who we are, what have you learned?”

I told him not to give me his Indian bunch of crap. I want to know WHY he did that to me, it was not the love of God, and it was not human love it was even mean spirited for a criminal to do something so cold. He had no response except, “I wanted to see what you would do.”

Like I was an experiment.

Then, strange things began to happen. Such as I told him that when I was 18 years old I had a really rough time after I found my mother dead in bed. And I tried to kill myself at the age of 18-years-old. I was telling him the story of when I first spoke in tongues. I never got that far – just I attempted suicide as a mixed up teen who just lost her mother. His response, “I forgive you.”

I did not ask for it or need it.

I queried, “You forgive me for what? Something that happened 30 years ago?”

He said, “There is nothing I will not forgive you for. You could have had sex 5 minutes ago and I would not like it, but I would forgive you. Would you forgive me if I cheated on you?"

“No” I said emphatically.

He said we were “cleaving” together and GLUE does not recognize problems or hardships or cheating. I said, “If we get married, which you already said we were, then Jesus recognizes it as sin. So, no.”

He said, “What if the temptation was too much for me, you would throw all of this away?”

I said, “No, you would have thrown it all away.”

Many other things. Such as he told me he was training me to respond to his voice as Adam trained Eve. I figured it was an Indian thing so I just said, "uh-huh".

Well, it turns out something was happening to me in my spirit. Later, I found that in the Muslim religion Adam trained Eve to respond to his voice and when they were cast out of the garden, they believe that Adam was on one mountain and Eve on another. Adam called to her until she was able to respond to his voice and find him.

Later, he sent me telepathic messages that I DID hear and it freaked me out. How have I fallen from my Christian beliefs? I was ashamed.

Another thing, I told him how it was difficult for me to read the word when I left TWI and I do better reading books on the Bible. I said I guess it is because I associate the Bible with TWI or something. He said let me teach you. So, while reading the book of Romans he would stop and say something very sexual like what he was going to do to me once we were married and would be VERY graphic. I was shocked and silent. And then excused it, as we were an “item” it was not like TWI where they did what they did. Until later, when I realized he was trying to get me to associate the book of Romans with having SEX with him. It is insidious. And yet outside of the context of the Bible he was feral in his appetites and it was stimulating to be told you were "loved wildly" and to love back without boundaries. The only thing we did right- I guess- was decide to wait until we "married" to execute our passion - if things continued the way they were heading....

He told me from the Word that you tithe to the person feeding you. And he said, “Who is feeding you?” I said, “You are.” So, I went to send my checks to his church but he said make it out directly to me. So I did. When I did not have enough to tithe he became unyielding and said, “You have to tithe God will honor it.” (He had a point) I told him I would not be able to make my mortgage payment. I was freaked, as he stood firm about me tithing to him. I had to borrow money against my next check to send him a tithe so he would not be mad at me. I did not tell him, I thought he would say I was not believing… (but if you read Dr. Sapp you will find tithing to be very different -- or better yet, talk to a Jewish person. The ones I know, do NOT tithe nor do they believe in it the way the evangelical Christian mandates)

I found myself back in THE WAY so-to-speak. Except this time I was dating VP.

Many things happened I do not want to reveal as they make me sound even more stupid than I already sound. I was pathetic. I was starving for kindness and a crumb fed to me by a hand that wanted to control me, by blind servitude, became better than no kindness.

And I was already “hooked” addicted to his charm and lavish attention. I faithfully wore the heart necklace he sent me although I had the feeling he had sent similar ones to others “in the stable”. He swore I was the ONLY one for him. And I adored him. The fun times were so much fun and the sharing was marvelous. The tenderness and the fact that someone wanted “me” was exciting and reminded me of long ago when I felt “worth” something.

Then, after we had everything ready to roll. We were going to offer classes and school online and run a ministry. He called it “our ministry” he told me a “prophet” called him and told him not to do it. To shelve the project and convinced him I was “not for him.”

I told him how convenient it was that I was brought to you “by God,” as the love of your life, and now GOD is telling you to get rid of me? Why how clever; that alleviates you of ALL responsibility. We mutually broke up. He was going to get his “life straightened out” and come back for me – “as long as it was God’s will”

So, if he didn’t come back this MINISTER would have me BLAME GOD? It was God's will then --- not!!! I do not think so-- He does not know me THAT well. I would never blame God. God had nothing to do with it. My vulnerability, my blindness, then willingness to distill out the weird things he said from the good, etc, is to blame. He is to blame. I am to blame. He even named his church after one of the places he and I were looking into living.

He came after me, not because he thought I was attractive, smart, bold or any reason that makes sense. He came after me because I was a broken “nobody” who could not fight back and win. He has community standing, church standing, money and influential friends. I was an earthworm crawling with a savior who saw my need for resurrection again – A savior who reminded me who I was and who called me! He said, “Get up and fight!” And I did. At first I could only mouth “Jesus” then whisper, then speak but now I shout, “Thank you Jesus!” For my standing with YOU is greater than his standing in the community! The riches you provided for me are more than his wealth, my standing with the HEAD of the church – God --is far greater than his doctorate degree and “standing” in the church. My influential friends are God, Jesus and the holy spirit, he just cannot top me in any of my standings for the creator of the universe loves me and his son died to set me free. I never again have to crawl like an earthworm for anyone under any condition and HE should be proud that he knew ME and that I adored him. He lost.

Psalm 140

9 Let the heads of those who surround me

be covered with the trouble their lips have caused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnzTCWpp0k...feature=related

edited for puctuation

Edited by Dot Matrix

I'm so sorry, Dot.

It takes a lot of courage to open your heart like that.

These people who engage in these betrayals are sick. (IMO)

I think it's a chronic kind of mental illness they have all their lives that thrives on conquest.

As such, they become very skilled at disguising it and using it to suit their purpose.

Your testimony serves as an alarm, a warning to others who might also be vulnerable.

Thank you for bringing this danger out in the open for others to see.

Remember Seymour and Gloria from family corps6?

The neuroligist/Psychiatrist? Brillant man!!!

They are two of the most wonderful people I have EVER known.

I talked to them while here, and on the phone, and this is the deliverance they helped me with:

I said, "Seymour, I do not get how a person can be the most wonderful, fun, loving person in the world then change into a destructive person H (b)ell bent on destroying me."

He said, "They did not go FROM GOOD to evil. The good was the bait to "get you" so that then they could emerge as "themselves" and destroy you. They were always evil they pretend to be good. They do not change.... The good was an act." ( I thought of the movie "Primal Fear" where Ed Norton was that disturbed nice guy with a secret personality of the mean-evil-cocky-guy who killed the priest. And at the end the shrink says, "so, the evil guy did not exist?" And Norton says "no, the nice guy never existed." paraphrased) I know Raj was NOT evil from birth but perhaps from the begining of our "relationship". Thus, the example has personal meaning.

Then, Gloria was equally as wise as she said, "Just because this man did not LOVE you does not mean you are unlovable..."

And the truth is I really did the best I could do. I was honest, kind, loving, loyal and the best I had left in me to be after the 20-year storm. I loved unconditionally. It did not go up and down with circumstances. I loved with the kind of love God gave us to love with... He didn't. And even after his "absence" I forgave him and reinstated him to his former position without hesitation. (As far as the east was from the west). So, "I" was the one doing it right. I loved regardless and there is something to be said for that even if the relationship was doomed -- as a person I succeeded. I made human mistakes but I loved with the big love... I loved regardless.... As broken as I was I still tried to be the best I could be... In this situation he was not looking for "the best". I was "sport" like men who enjoy "game hunting" and the people who use old "zoo" animals for them to hunt on a fenced in wilderness. The hunt was not a "hunt" but a disguised slaughter - the outcome was fixed and paid for. But HA HA God is bigger than all of it and HE loves me. I win!!

Edited by Dot Matrix

Raj:

The lyrics

Now that it's all said and done,

I can't believe you were the one

To build me up and tear me down,

Like an old abandoned house.

What you said when you left

Just left me cold and out of breath.

I fell too far, was in way too deep.

Guess I let you get the best of me.

Well, I never saw it coming.

I should've started running

A long, long time ago.

And I never thought I'd doubt you,

I'm better off without you

More than you, more than you know.

I'm slowly getting closure.

I guess it's really over.

I'm finally getting better.

And now I'm picking up the pieces.

I'm spending all of these years

Putting my heart back together.

'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,

I got over you.

You took a hammer to these walls,

Dragged the memories down the hall,

Packed your bags and walked away.

There was nothing I could say.

And when you slammed the front door shut,

A lot of others opened up,

So did my eyes so I could see

That you never were the best for me.

A long, long time ago.

I got over you.

A long, long time ago.

A long, long time ago.

Well I'm putting my heart back together,

'Cause I got over you.

Well I got over you.

I got over you.

I got over you.

Edited by Dot Matrix

removed by Dot

Dot.. ((Hugs)) as you find your way toward a healthier relationship. God does not judge us by our mistakes but by our love and our attempts to put to practice the example Christ laid out for us. By our recognition when we err and our attempts to correct our missteps.

Focus on Christs walk and you will find peace. What a wonderful brave woman you are with a beautiful heart.

Remember God's will for us is not to be controlled by any other person but to stand tall and strong in his love with the free will he gave us.

Edited by leafytwiglet

Thanks

I removed the dream God gave me in an answer cause I do not want to share it with everyone

I figured that is why you removed it. I am glad I got to read it though it gave me pause to stop and think.

Edited to add.

IT is easy to say with our mouth that we should forgive some one for a sin they committed against some one else but when we are the person who has been hurt it is a whole other matter to do the forgiving.

Edited by leafytwiglet

God and I have it worked out.

Hi Dot!

Just read your disheartening story. You were certainly under some very austere circumstances. I consider it a brave thing you did to relate this incident, which probably was very difficult to write as you remembered vividly the horrid details.

But for the sake of others reading your post who may themselves be in similar trouble, I am proud that what you had written contains much about how you persevered through it all, and came out of it in the end, for that will be of immense help to them.

I do wish your desire for a true and meaningful relationship with a loving man will materialize in the future -- and soon; that is, if you still want it. You are most deserving of it!

Love,

Spec

PS: I also offer you a poem I wrote many years ago. I do hope you enjoy it...

Something Worth Giving

Is there something worth giving you can give to a friend?

Do it now while he’s living; do not wait till the end.

Though one’s mind holds all mysteries, knowledge and faith,

His deeds won’t be history without love; there’s no trace.

While bestowing one’s treasures to feeding the poor,

He can give without measure, yet one thing is sure:

Even giving his life for a great, noble cause

Will profit him nothing; without God’s love it’s lost.

Charity is giving God’s love to mankind,

And it’s given with cheerfulness; it’s not hard to find.

So study His word and share to begin,

And you’ll see that God’s charity is right there within.

Whatever you do for God, do it with might!

And share it with charity; fight the good fight.

So give what’s worth giving; God’s keeping the score;

So that now and in heaven you’ll receive your rewards.

Again thanks - it was very well written!

The song I wrote - I cannot write music so I have to record the tune. So, the lyrics

"Where am I Lord?"

God I don’ know who I am or what I am to do-

I ask to the sky and wait patiently on you

I am spinning round the corners where darkness used to be

I can’t see or hear you because I don’t feel free

I am ashamed of who I am

I am ashamed of who I might have been

I am ashamed of how I spent my time

I’m ashamed of who I let in

I cannot feel my feet to order them to walk

I cannot find my tongue with words to leave my mark

So, I mutter to the lost in all the wind

Trying to find you but find I’m giving in

Who am I that I lost you?

Who am I that I cry?

When you have done all for me

With a risen savior who did not simply die

Who did not simply die

Do you feel my pain Lord do you hear my voice?

I am trying hard to find you

I know it is my choice

Tell me what to do, Lord

Speak up so I can hear (you)

prayin with my eyes closed crumpled on the floor

Begging for direction, there’s gotta be more

Life has left me flat lined looking for the door

Holding onto nothing I know in Jesus there is more

I am ashamed of who I am

I am ashamed of who I might have been

I am ashamed of how I spent my time

I’m ashamed of who I let in

I cannot feel my feet to order them to walk

I cannot find my tongue with words to leave my mark

So, I mutter to the lost in all the wind

Trying to find you but find I’m giving in

Who am I that I lost you?

Who am I that I cry?

When you have done all for me

With a risen savior who did not simply die

Who did not simply die -

Make the locust leave me for I have been their meal

Restore back to normal so that I may feel

Where have you gone God? Or is it me that moved?

I’m trying hard to find you, and I don’t know how to see.

Reach me as you find me –

Lift me off the floor

I am lost and I am broken

Jesus come and find me, again

Jesus come and find me, again

Again...

Well - he reached me in all of this and God is amazing. The Lord is the love who does not change, run, hide, lie or misrepresent himself. He is the GREATEST lover of all.

Edited by Dot Matrix

I'm not sure shame is the correct terminology.

I, too, though, have experienced similar feelings.

In early 1975, I moved out of my hometown as a direct result of a Way related decision.

Due to a series of other poor decisions, directly related to my involvement with The Way, I never returned.

I can't say my life is miserable. it's actually pretty good.

Still, there is a certain sadness that comes with realizing I can never get back all those missed high school graduations, marriages, funerals, new births, watching the nieces and nephews grow up, helping my parents in their old age, etc.

I guess melancholy would better describe it than shame.

We posted at the same time. I see what you are saying, maybe more regrets for you. I am ashamed and disgusted with myself - I really am.

I am always TOO trusting:

Example with the idiot Minister -

The worst:

After I sent him a tithe he called and asked if it was off net or gross. I said "net" he said a true tithe is off "GROSS". He was right and I sent the next one off of gross.

Then, he called me and said (and this is almost verbatim)

“I do not know what to do with my church. After all I did for them do you know what I get as a tithe? I got _____.

I said, “ I gave you that much. The whole church only gave you that?”

He said, “I am going to walk away, turn my back on them and watch them go down.”

I said, “Teach on tithing.”

“I did,” he said in a soft growl.

“What is the problem?”

“It is hard to explain.”

“Do they understand your messages?”

“It is just hard to explain.”

Several months go by and he tells me that he is going to resign from the church, he had met with the women’s fellowship and there are some things that needed to change and they didn’t so he was resigning. Just weeks prior to all this was his long absence and one of the last things he was mad about was I questioned him on tithing cause I did not have my mortgage - I asked about "other offerings", he told me that maybe I should tithe to the local church I attended. At first I sent him nothing to see if that would have a bearing on “us”. Then, I gave him a partial tithe.

He says, "I am resigning from the church."

I said, “Well, you said you were going to walk away several months ago.”

“I NEVER said that.”

“Yes, when you said they only gave you_________ for a tithe.” I reminded him.

“I never have gotten that little I get a large offering, I have NEVER had a problem with tithing in my church.”

Then, all of a sudden he “quits” us. I was the CHURCH he was talking about.

He had been slyly making fun of my tithe. The tithe I had to borrow from my future checks to meet my mortgage. He was so sly. I figured the “church” meeting was to have them do the newsletter and website we had done together. He used the excuse of a “prophet” telling him to bail on our project as he is a chicken s (h)it. It was ALL about money and I did not make or give enough.

At one point he asked me to send him $250.00 and he could make me a millionaire. He would invest it. I said, “Are you a millionaire?”

(I figured he would not be telling me this if her were.)

Then, he asked me nondirectly for my social security number and I did not give it to him, he said one of our mutual acquaintances, gave me his and let me make a deposit for him.”

I said, “I do not have $250.00.”

Edited by Dot Matrix

I was ashamed. I could not even look at someone in the eye for fear that could look into me and see a banner saying "Stupid girl"

For me it is deeper. It reached shame. Then, when Seymore and Gloria came out to my home, they turned things around for me. And they did it by saying it was "Christ in me!!!"

I felt ashamed near him as he was so smart and had done so much with his life. I was in a terrible worthless place.

Somehow, when he said "IT is Christ IN you!" I got it.

We all have the same measure of God -- we have his son on our insides and that makes the playing field level. It is about our "insides" not our outsides

It is what God accomplished for us through Christ. If I had to rely on "me" I would never be able to look anyone in the eye again... But I know it is Christ looking back at them when they look at me.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Yes, my feelings are linked to regret about poor decisions.

The thing is, though, those poor decisions stem from me being too trusting.

I thought I was a pretty savvy guy when I got into the Word. I was already an adult.

But when I got in The Word, for some reason I reverted to an unexplainable state of naivete.

Suddenly I found myself completely trusting people who I would have run screaming from in my pre-TWI days.

My street smarts were telling me to wake up but the leadership tricked me into thinking I was the one who was wrong for all the "natural man" thoughts. I am much wiser now but almost 40 years has gone down the drain. Misplaced trust played a very big role. Is that kind of how you feel, too?

That about covers it. Then, there is the time lost - the education I did NOT do because I did the WAY CORPS instead...

All of it. Then, I get hit again with this minister idiot. I was crazy for him... Turns out I was just crazy... None of it was God's desire for me or his fault -- again, I have to own up and wear the "stupid" T-shirt. But hey, I was honest. I just get blown away when I find out the "agendas" are so self serving.

I have to be somewhat vague in my response because some of the specific decisions are just too embarrassing. I'll probably never share them here on GSC for that reason. But I can say this, some of the biggest ones ended in betrayal. Most of those betrayals were by people I should have been able to trust the most, people who claimed to represent God. I'm way past the angry phase. I just hope now that I can help to keep other people, especially my son, from being duped like I was.

But, yeah. Lot's of it is about stuff I DIDN'T do more than things I did.

I get that.

And ya know, we started out with prayer. He really was a nice guy to offer prayer like that. I called to thank him and it all rolled downhill after that. Truth is, I thought we were developing a lasting friendship. He even told me he would be my friend "to death." Shame. He had all the makings of an incredible person, I pray he straightens out. He could really do some good in the world. And I? Well, I went in stupid. But my eyes were open. Just dim from the debris of the 20-year-storm. That is my fault not his.

Just wish people did not use "God's name" to do their dirty work. Just say, "I am human. I am lonely and I like you. I need to build my base church and I need donations and support. Let's date and see where this goes as I straighten my life out, I have been under the weather from heart ache of my own."

I would have gone in but without the hidden stuff. That is the crap that hurts. I am okay now. Involved in God stuff, happy but I needed to get ALL my power back and let people know its not just TWI. Each day it is a battle field. Each decision can place us in that battle on the wrong side of the fence. The Bible really is a rule book. God does love us. Some ministers make mistakes and can incorporate their mistakes in their teachings - Like Joyce Meyer. Others, are great and fall. Others, hide the mistakes, while some know they are off and do not care, some are just evil. We are all just people and being held together by stuff that is as delicate as it is strong.

I wish him no harm. I truly cared. Have a nice life out there in the west and may God direct you back to the center of his will.

God protects me in the mighty name of Jesus.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Oh my Dotty---

I learned from my heart attack that I could say no - be a bitch in others eyes - and I didn't give a damn anymore because it is not their life I am living....And I knew God was okay with it - and it was actually easier to come before the Lord knowing he makes intercession for me....I am far from perfect and that is why Jesus Christ is my Lord.

But man -- it makes me mad when I hear about wolves in sheeps clothing..trying to devour my friends!