GreaseSpot Cafe

Break their teeth, O God

skyrider

When I think of the past 10 years of Waydale and GreaseSpot..........this verse comes to mind:

Psa 58:6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.

No, twi wasn't (isn't) the biggest lion around........but it was the one who *stalked into my world* seeking to devour.

No, twi wasn't the baddest lion either......but with its pride what would further siring produce? Better to break its teeth while the lion is still young, rather than at full strength.

Recently, I've heard that twi is no longer "walking and stalking, or biting and devouring".......the danger has passed. Some say that twi is back to being nice and welcoming again..........or, "soft and purring" (to keep with my analogy). Well, I gotta tell you that having been lashed at several times.......I will continue to remain vigilant for quite awhile longer, thank you very much.

My "torch" will continue to stay lit.......

My eyes will not be lulled to sleep......

My strength to break its teeth has in no way diminished....

My memory is fixed on those the lion terrorized.....

This lion has tasted blood in my village, my friends....

To me, it's quite significant what one high-ranking twi-clergyman stated about wierwille/twi in his June 2008 Newsletter to his splinter group. Although JAL goes on to justify why twi was "such a great movement"......this paragraph, to me, stands as a stone marker at the "entrance of my village" and a testament to remain vigilant of other "lions."

Yes, there was more doctrinal error than I ever realized while I was in TWI, and there was corresponding practical error that became more evil than most of us involved ever imagined. Yes, many precious people were terribly abused. Yes, there was dishonesty about Scripture, there was plagiarism, and there was rampant sexual sin, all of which contributed to many people choosing to turn away from God and His Word.

Thank God for the imagery of the Scriptures.........to enliven His message.

:blink:

Edited by skyrider

You know what Skyrider?

I really like your decision to stay vigilant.

I would only add this one thing for your consideration, and not to warn you either, but so that everyone could be clear about the opposition as I saw it in my former splinter group and as I've heard of it in TWI.

They use this same scripture that you brought up to beat down their enemies and they've been doing it for a long time. And in spite of the putrid nature of their corruption they are pure in their own eyes for the most part, well....., I know the Lord will sort them out too.

Yes, there was more doctrinal error than I ever realized while I was in TWI, and there was corresponding practical error that became more evil than most of us involved ever imagined. Yes, many precious people were terribly abused. Yes, there was dishonesty about Scripture, there was plagiarism, and there was rampant sexual sin, all of which contributed to many people choosing to turn away from God and His Word.

Great post, skyrider. I assume this quote was from JAL. Just one clarification. THe rampant sexual sin was within the top tiers of leadership. The majority of the regular corps and believers didn't even know it was going on.

Great post, skyrider. I assume this quote was from JAL. Just one clarification. THe rampant sexual sin was within the top tiers of leadership. The majority of the regular corps and believers didn't even know it was going on.

WOG......yes, this quote is from JAL.

Quite the list of debauchery and corruption in twi, eh?

1) Doctrinal error

2) Corresponding practical error

3) Terrible abuse

4) Dishonesty towards scriptures

5) Plagairism

6) Rampant sexual sin

7) Forsaking God and His word

And, yes...........in context, JAL was pointing towards wierwille and twi's top-tier leadership in this STFI Newsletter.

Depending on how one view's "top-tier".......is certainly an operative term here. In public admissions, JAL has admitted to *partaking* while at the emporia campus. Wasn't he the corps coordinator there for like five years?

Bunch of hypocrits..!!