GreaseSpot Cafe

Obama on Leno

Bolshevik

It is it for ratings? Spicing up his time in office? Just cause he can?

One can only surmise.

However, President Obama is in California for a couple of Town Hall meetings today. This seems a likely extension thereof, or at least extension of one aspect of a town hall type meeting.

I generally don't watch Leno. But Letterman is in reruns tonight and tomorrow because the opening round NCAA tournament is on CBS today and tomorrow. So, I will be able to record Leno (hence, skip the commercials).

I liked it. He talked about AiG and other stuff.

"If you buy a toaster, and it blows up, there's laws that say you shoulda got a working toaster. There's no laws like that for credit cards and mortgages."

It was laid back and informative I thought.

I liked it. He talked about AiG and other stuff.

"If you buy a toaster, and it blows up, there's laws that say you shoulda got a working toaster.

There's no laws like that for credit cards and mortgages."

It was laid back and informative I thought.

It was orchestrated, and manipulative. He said all the *right* things, while his current actions tell a different story entirely.

Kinda reminiscent of ole docvic, eh?? Say one thing/ do another/ promote *abundance*/ and lead to poverty.

If it was truly *informative*, perhaps he shoulda been asked why he signed the bill authorizing those bonus'.

Naww - - - that would have been a *hard* question, and Barry isn't fond of them. His tele-prompter isn't programmed for *truth*.

^_^ :unsure: ^_^

It was orchestrated, and manipulative. He said all the *right* things, while his current actions tell a different story entirely.

Kinda reminiscent of ole docvic, eh?? Say one thing/ do another/ promote *abundance*/ and lead to poverty.

If it was truly *informative*, perhaps he shoulda been asked why he signed the bill authorizing those bonus'.

Naww - - - that would have been a *hard* question, and Barry isn't fond of them. His tele-prompter isn't programmed for *truth*.

Well at least he did not thank himself for coming again.

That's an intriguing reflection of YOU... what lives inside YOU... reminds YOU of "ole docvic, eh??"

Nothing more, nothing less.

Ha!

out of the pot and into the fire . . .

even if it was "orchestrated" is was still informative in ways. Leno should have more leaders on.

one of the things obama talked of was encouraging students to become engineers, scientists, doctors etc. instead of business folks, who make all the money.

Currently I TA a physical chemistry lab, mostly college seniors. one student is a high school kid. He's generally more interesting to talk to about the science than the other students, however we usually end up talking about the stockmarket.

He's taking college chemistry, physical chemistry, for fun. He doesn't want to go into science. I asked why the hell not. He says he figures he'll take science courses, cause they'll make you smart. Then he'll go into business, because that's where the money is.

kid's a genius.