GreaseSpot Cafe

Battlestar Galactica

Mister P-Mosh

Was anyone else on here into that series? I thought the end was pretty good, although there were a few ridiculous moments and things that could have been wrapped up a little better. It did take a strangely religious turn at the end, but I think that parallels the way the original series ended with those beings of light. I won't say more in case someone is watching the series and didn't get a chance to finish it yet.

What did you think of it?

... and after all of their travels and troubles, ... they _still_ never been able to reach earth, have they?

Actually they did reach earth but unlike the original series that spawned Galactica 1980, they arrived 2000 years after some sort of nuclear holocaust. The earth remained to radioactive to live upon so they were once again banned to the abiss with their 'rag tag' fleet of disgruntled humans and lost Cylons.

I didnt get to see the final episode because my dvr apparently didnt think it was a 'new' episode. It probably said 'last' episode in the info section so it didnt get recorded. Now I have to wait for the scifi channel to put it up on their full episodes link.

Actually they did reach earth but unlike the original series that spawned Galactica 1980, they arrived 2000 years after some sort of nuclear holocaust. The earth remained to radioactive to live upon so they were once again banned to the abiss with their 'rag tag' fleet of disgruntled humans and lost Cylons.

I didnt get to see the final episode because my dvr apparently didnt think it was a 'new' episode. It probably said 'last' episode in the info section so it didnt get recorded. Now I have to wait for the scifi channel to put it up on their full episodes link.

I won't spoil the end for you. However, I downloaded it. If you want to watch it on your computer and have a way of receiving about 720MB send me a private message. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until at least next Saturday for "SyFy" (whoever came up with the name change should be shot) to put it online.

By Your Command! :biglaugh: :blink: :unsure: . I still say that all of them were Cylons despite how the ending went. I still say the writers should have shown all the present cast that they were not from Caprica(Lorne Green as Adama, Terry Carter as Tighe, And I wanted a "Daggett"/dog, Hera instead of Boxie?).

By Your Command! :biglaugh: :blink: :unsure: . I still say that all of them were Cylons despite how the ending went. I still say the writers should have shown all the present cast that they were not from Caprica(Lorne Green as Adama, Terry Carter as Tighe, And I wanted a "Daggett"/dog, Hera instead of Boxie?).

I know Lorne Greene is dead so that may not have worked out, and I don't know about Terry Carter. I'm sort of glad that they didn't have the "Daggett" because realistically, they would have eaten whatever meat it had on it. Remember that they lost their food supply and had to eat a slop made from algae they got off of some planet. Also I seem to recall a kid named Boxie somewhere on there in maybe Season 1, but I don't recall the specifics.

When I was a kid, I watched the original BSG on SciFi channel during the summers. I liked it, and I was glad to see the remade series. Fortunately, the new one was able to end while the original one was canceled before they could give it a proper ending.

I really enjoyed this version of BG, though, personally, I think the final episode of Babylon 5 was better. This one did tie up some loose ends, though it may have loosened some others!

If I recall the original series correctly, there were no live daggets (essentially, dogs), but a robotic one was made for the boy, Boxey.

George

I wanted James Olmos' Adama to see a video of Lorne Green's Adama, and the rest of the cast to see their real counterparts from the real series, and find out that Richard Hatch's Tom Zerda was a cylon copy of the orignal Appollo. In other words show John Collicos' version of Baltar(much more evil then Gaius' version). Only twice did they play the original theme music from the late 70's original version. Wanted to see the Cylon Lucifer and Count Iblis(Patrick McNee of Avengers spy series). Glen Larson, being a Mormon, took LDS theology with 12 tribes and Earth being the 13th(United States American Indians). Larson's version was very religious/so-called Christian. Where were the terms senton, yarn, daggett, feldercarp? None of these terms were used in the re-imagined version on SciFI Channel. That's what I wanted to see as the finale, the current cast realizes they are all Cylons and not the real crew of Battlestar Gallitica, being thousands of years after the original colonists had settled on Earth.

i don't know if you caught it, but when the fleet is flying into the sun, they played a little bit of the theme from the original series. And the two producers had cameos. David Eick is seen for a moment donning his helmet as they prepare for battle. And Ron Moore is reading the magazine at the very end.

(You have to be Newhart fans to get the following)

I think the producer when he cut to black showing Adama on the hill next to the grave, a moment of darkness then a light comes on and Adama is in bed, this woman sits up and takes off her wig to reveal Bob Newhart.

"What's wrong dear" Newhart asks.

Adama shakes his head and rubs his eyes. "I've got to lay off the Bourbon"

Fade to black.

Edited by pawtucket

i don't know if you caught it, but when the fleet is flying into the sun, they played a little bit of the theme from the original series. And the two producers had cameos. David Eick is seen for a moment donning his helmet as they prepare for battle. And Ron Moore is reading the magazine at the very end.

I caught Ron Moore but didn't notice David Eick. That was interesting to know.

(You have to be Newhart fans to get the following)

I think the producer when he cut to black showing Adama on the hill next to the grave, a moment of darkness then a light comes on and Adama is in bed, this woman sits up and takes off her wig to reveal Bob Newhart.

"What's wrong dear" Newhart asks.

Adama shakes his head and rubs his eyes. "I've got to lay off the Bourbon"

Fade to black.

That reminds me. Did you notice how much drinking the end had? I've heard a lot of comparisons to AA propaganda. Adama puking all over himself was not the finest moment, although I understand that they wanted to show the contrast between his life as it was and what he had become.

• 3 weeks later...

The re-imagined BSG was pretty good, all things considered. Not exactly sure I like the way some of the characters' storylines were resolved, but all in all, it was one of the few standouts of modern televised science fiction. I think I still liked Babylon 5 better (except for the tacked-on Season 5) but I'd still recommend BSG to anyone looking for a good drama.

Oh, and to the poster who bemoaned the lack of the made-up terms from the 1979 version of the show, "frak" was from the original series, and in one of the last episodes, the tube of toothpaste that Starbuck offered as a prize for the first pilot to spot a habitable planet had the brand name "Felgercarb". (Yay for HD television...)

Regards,

Zix

:offtopic: was VP and King okie cylons? :biglaugh: