GreaseSpot Cafe

SMPT ?

kimberly

I was prompted by Incredimail to upgrade and I did. Since then I can receive all and send everything except pictures and videos.

After a while trying to send the above I get an error that says Socket error....SMTP...A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond.

Help...thanks.

Incredimail has a poor track record technically - including making permanent changes to your registry and system folders which are not rolled back when the program is removed. It is weak on letting payloads though disguised as HTML. The only good reviews I found were from Incredimail Ltd and its users.

In your case it sounds like Incredimail is not negotiating with the SMTP relay or mail host (usually your ISP unless you are a gmail user) correctly. NOW having said that - it could just as easily be a problem with the SMTP relay - but since the problems started after an Incredimail "upgrade" and since SMTP has been WELL documented and fairly static since the early 1980's I am much more inclined to lay the suspicion on your mailer.

Kimberly,

I would recommend Gmail.com from Google. Fast reliable and Free. You get about 8 gigs of storage and can send files as large as 8-10 megs. I've used it for about 4 years now and recommend it highly. You can get your mail from everywhere you have an internet connection. It has a chat feature that ties in with AIM. You can even save documents and share them and even collaborate with others.

Concur entirely.

Kimberly,

I would recommend Gmail.com from Google. Fast reliable and Free. You get about 8 gigs of storage and can send files as large as 8-10 megs. I've used it for about 4 years now and recommend it highly. You can get your mail from everywhere you have an internet connection. It has a chat feature that ties in with AIM. You can even save documents and share them and even collaborate with others.