GreaseSpot Cafe

Could they still be liable?

TrustAndObey

I was reading an article recently about some sisters that were physically/emotionally/ possibly sexually abused by their parents, but were in their 40s and still able to sue (and they ended up winning a $2.3 million lawsuit over that..)..

The article stated: "Despite the length of time since the abuse, the jury determined the sisters could legally bring the suit. The statute of limitations for a civil suit is two years, but jurors determined that the sisters became aware of he nature and extent of their injury only within the last two years, during therapy. "

Made me wonder if TWI could still be liable after all?!

I was reading an article recently about some sisters that were physically/emotionally/ possibly sexually abused by their parents, but were in their 40s and still able to sue (and they ended up winning a $2.3 million lawsuit over that..)..

The article stated: "Despite the length of time since the abuse, the jury determined the sisters could legally bring the suit. The statute of limitations for a civil suit is two years, but jurors determined that the sisters became aware of he nature and extent of their injury only within the last two years, during therapy. "

Made me wonder if TWI could still be liable after all?!

Interesting... Ironically, membership on GSC might be used against a plaintiff to show they've recognized the harm they've suffered and therefore started the lawsuit "clock."

JT

Interesting... Ironically, membership on GSC might be used against a plaintiff to show they've recognized the harm they've suffered and therefore started the lawsuit "clock."

JT

and there you have the most compelling reason WayGB has to keep dossiers on each of us, including everything we post here.

I worked in the Refinishing Dept at Emporia for one or two blocks, we often went to meals with huge headaches because of all the chemicals we inhalled either in the dipping shack, where they had a large dumpster sized container filled with chemicals to strip the finish off wood, which they closed down due to harmful chemicals at one point, or while we were burning and scraping lead based paint off of baseboards, furniture or doors with a heat gun, I probably could sue them for exposure to carcinogens or harmful chemicals...I believe there is no expiration or statute of limitations on that kind of deal.

Class action suits would encourage more people to join in, although depending on how the war is waged it could take forever to actually receive compensation or any award even when you win the lawsuit.

Edited by now I see

I remember volunteering to work in the finishing section of Printing Services several times while on Staff. When I first went on Staff, there were many hours of work because they were releasing Mrs. W's book, which they wanted to be available in the Bookstore by the next anniversary. It was tedious work. They go page-by-page making sure things were "perfect". Often we would hear the past section coordinator say things to the group, "Ladies, don't forget to do your kegels." And that was mild compared to some of the filth that came out of this guy's mouth. He was an obnoxious Masshole. That's not meant to offend anyone from Massachusetts. He just fit the description.