GreaseSpot Cafe

Muslim Demographics: The Islamic Tidal Wave

skyrider

I thought it was a little strange. No documented sources for the "historical research" and no mention of how far back in history this research extended. Without documentation I cannot agree with or refute the claims made. Are we talking about 2000 years of history? Well maybe 1.9 or 1.3 is indeed unsustainable when your life expectancy is 40-45. That is no longer the case in Europe and most of NorthAm. As far as a "Muslim" tidal wave - Islam has been the fastest growing religion since I was a teenager...and often the target of xenophobes of varying levels of sanity.

is this real? what rumrunner said is very good, and i kept wondering where was the documentation, where was the information where could i verify it for myself, what was the agenda of the thing? then the end of it said it all and i thought "oh, another freak out and get up in arms and do something and save the world" emotional jerk off. and even if this is real so what because that's the way things have been all along in all of history, and christianity was spread by force and not by actual growth, so at least if this is real then the only wars we have to worry about are the ones we start, i think. but i might be thinking like this because i get so sick and tired of the "everybody freak out and do something" thinking that jerks people around to do stupid and unthinking things.

We better to get busy effin for Jesus!!!

hahahahahahahaha! isn't that what started and spread the way? hahahahahahahahahaha!

This is an old topic but I am just getting around to commenting on it. I spent hours last week looking for documentation of what I knew so you could follow it more easily but I can't find it.....probably because my knowledge is so old.

In about 1981 I finished up some graduate course work in what was to me a new topic "ecology". It was a new course offering and we had a textbook called Modern Ecology (ha - - 1981 - "modern") by Eugene Odum and about a dozen "print offs" of papers which has recently been submitted to various journals on the topic of ecology.

The U-Tube clip mentions "the fertility rate" and then says 2.11 is what is needed to maintain a culture for 25 years. 25 years was then, and I believe still is the general generation time for humans. The time from birth until the individual is able to begin his own family - - at least theoretically. In those days (late 70's early 80's) we were striving for Zero Population Growth. We never calculated the fertility rate, but we derived it from diagrams of populations. I cannot find one single diagram to show you what they were. The population profiles were as if a longitudinal slice was taken from a 3-D stack of wood. A cohort of all children born last year could be represented by a Popsicle stick. This year's cohort is glued on top of last years......and so on. Once you know all the rules, you can determine if the population is growing, or failing. Anything less than a bit more than replacing yourselves (hence 2.11) means the population is in decline. The fertility rate might change slightly from year to year but not greatly. When you saw fertility rates of 1.3, 1.9 etc that indicated that the population was in decline.

We derived them, and nearly all European countries at that time were approaching zero population growth except the Scandinavian countries who had broken that barrier. Mexico at that time had the greatest fertility rate....it was 13!

I do know that Islam is the fastest growing religion, so unless we are very careful and very shrewd we could be in serious trouble unless He comes back very fast!