GreaseSpot Cafe

Lest we forget

Zshot

Below is a link to pictures that cartoonists drew for Memorial Day. Some of these pictures are very powerful and my responce to some were emotional.

http://www.cagle.com/news/MemorialDay09/3.asp

As many of you know, I have retired from the Army Reserves and work on an Army installation. Memorial Day has a special significance to all who have worn the uniform of our Nations military.

We must learn that there is a cost for things worth having. Many have paid that price with their lives and their limbs. The mere words of "Thank you" are not enough to those who have honorably served in the Military, and yet it is more than what is asked for by them.

May God bless all that have served in the military and their families.

Craig

Our heroes deserve more than a parade, picnic and a wreath laid at a memorial in Arlington. They deserve the best of our nation's bounty not crumbs and bureaucratic red tape. It is a national disgrace when pork barrel projects and bridges to nowhere take precedence over giving them their due. A veteran 60, 70, 80% or more disabled diserves more than just to live a smidge above the poverty line. A child who lost a father or mother deserves the best shot at living out the hopes and dreams that the fallen parent had for the child.

Rarely a day goes by that I do not come in contact with a veteran. I am outraged how budgets continue to cut their benefits that adversely affect their health, and overall standard of life. Above all else our veterans, their families and those still in service should be the ones on the top of the list....above all else.

I shall not forget. I owe the privilege to live in this country only to our military men and women who have sacrificed it all. As a mother, I owe so very much to those mama's who sent and continue to send their babies into what is most assuredly war.