GreaseSpot Cafe

Growing up in the Way

bucks4now

Not sure of the exact details of districting but they were not all on campus but yes everyone went to all the normal districted schools. I just had friends that lived there, I didn't.

At the Indiana campus though, dealings on an 4th to 6th grade level were fairly normal. There seemed to be some skepticism from some kids at first but if you were cool or good at something they warmed up to you, which is pretty much how it is for most people in school. If you don't fit in in some way you just won't.

I had local friends with sleep overs and camp overs at their house or farm and I had couple friends stay in our campus dorm room for a sleep over too. :biglaugh: Too funny to see this kids sit down in the middle of the west wing hallway because there was a huge S.I.T sign on the dining room door.

I think at the high school level it was a little tougher. Here you were in the middle of Kenndleville, IN (where the districted high school was), in farm country, and in walk kids from all over the country, some with long skater hair or some with long headbanger hair, and all the crew cut farm boys say, 'who are these fags!) Oh, and they were in a cult too. You can image the whole Footloose scenario. .... and the dancing ensued. :dance: I think my older brother pretty much hated it, so he'd spend his nights dancing his frustrations away. :biglaugh::dance:

Common sense here with all the root locales. They were / are in BFE - midwest farm country. Small schools - graduating 50 in NK, ? in Kendleville.

If that's someone's background / cup of tea that's one thing, but to bring people in who are used to growing up in larger cities and different environments the culture shock would be horrible.

Cow tipping on a Friday night anyone? And of course that's why the drinking problems among the teens in those enviornments were such a large issue.

Edited by chockfull