GreaseSpot Cafe

how different is life now?

brainfixed

Heh.. I am looking at up to seventy..

two classes.. remedial algebra..

I get a stipend.. underpaid? No kidding.. but if I can make at least one difference or two.. good for me..

they didn't give me the 8am class. well.. that would have been fun as well..

heh

:biglaugh:

In about two years..

by that time I will have a master's hopefully. And four or five rounds of teaching two sets of the same class with about thirty five students in each. Then I should be employable.. at least in the field I want to work in..

I don't know if I will have the stamina for the doctorate.. we'll see..

Oh.. I didn't get the eight oclock class..

first class is like at 11am. Just early enough to still detect the hangover monday morning on frumpy appearing freshmen..

with the economy I think things might be a little different. The students might be a little more motivated than in the recent past.. I hope.

plus a lot of universities are tightening up alcohol use policies for minors.. and most freshmen are under-age. Still, this place is known as a party school.. what larger public university doesn't have that reputation anyway..

I like the community college route.. the youngsters usually live at home, and get a year or two more supervision.. two years at the community college, then away two years to the big school. By that time, they have most of their basic classes done, and have half an idea why they are there..

Even as recently as a year ago I thought right doctrine was very important. Now I don't.

I have thought about this a lot too, and I am no longer strained by doctrine. I think there are people (like current wayfers and other Christian types) who care more about doctrine than God does Himself. I think the "we have to be right" attitude is the thing that screws people up the most. It causes judgment on others. It didn't seem genuine to me, and fights over doctrine is what religious wars of the world have been about for centuries. You'd think mankind would learn from the lessons. Instead they keep repeating them.

this was a mistake

In about two years..

by that time I will have a master's hopefully. And four or five rounds of teaching two sets of the same class with about thirty five students in each. Then I should be employable.. at least in the field I want to work in..

I don't know if I will have the stamina for the doctorate.. we'll see..

What field do you want to work in?

Edited by krys
  • Upvote 1

Life is as different as it could be.

non-religious

no fellowships or church meetings

so no SITing or praying for that matter

question more

very few TWI contacts, mostly family

married

business owner, not an employee

college grad

I actually have a BS instead of just quoting BS

I have meaningful conversations w/ people

"how can I fit 'the word' into this" never comes to mind

no witnessing

no required reading or tape listening

raise my kids the way I see fit

more politically left than before

care about politics and the world at large more

I'm still basically the same person though.

I just get to be myself more now.

So much so though, that much of my adult TWI years seem like another life.

Edited by lindyhopper

In four or five semesters.. I hopefully will have a masters in math..four semesters of teaching algebra. I would love to teach on a community college level.. algebra, trigonometry, calculus.. differential equations..