GreaseSpot Cafe

We Were Prisoners of Thought-feeding the Gristmill of TWI

suz

Yeah, it was amazing how we could be forced to do whatever the leadership deemed necessary no matter how repugnant we found such action....with simple thought as their weapon of choice.

Abandoning ailing family members, discarding unruly kids, selling homes and businesses, ignoring personal responsibilty, abortions, servicing the mog....all done because twi led us to believe that God required it.

To not do as *recomended* meant to be turning our backs on God....to have to face Satan *unprotected*.

They always told us that it was our choice......obediance or death....

What's wild is seeing people's reaction when it comes up that I used to be in a cult. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> They are dumbfounded and can't believe it. Usually, they say something like, "But you seem so, so, normal!"

I tell them how amazing it is that we can be imprisoned in some areas of our lives and not in others. Functional alcoholics are very similar. They seem normal at work and many do an excellent job, then they go home and get blasted out of their minds. We were kinda like that....normal (as normal as we COULD be) at work and blasted out of our minds regarding TWIt doctrine.

I feel sooooo much more normal now! Even my therapist says he can't believe someone as plucky as I was involved in such a controlling and manipulative cult. icon_cool.gif Ain't it grand to be free from the prison?