GreaseSpot Cafe

From the spotlight to the shadows,the downward fall of the twi

copenhagen

Times sure have changed with the Way and its arrogance of people and numbers. I was talking with a friend of mine at fellowship last week and he was telling a story of a time in his life he had no place to go and was lost. His leadership was moving and there we really no believers left in that town. He just lost his job and his apt lease was up. He was ready for a change but had no clue what to do or where to go.

This was about 1993, the days when a STS listed everyone on the hook up. It seemed to take forever listing all the twigs at the time and who was the leader. It went something like, and from

Denver Co. we have Johnnie Jump Up, 7th Corp. and his branch. Anyway, this man played his

STS tape and on the hook up was his old WOW brother. He called H.Q. and got his number and in 5 days, he was across the country living and working with believers.

Then this woman interrupted and said she was in a similar situation. She was praying to God for a new place to live because her leadership had destroyed her life and she needed to get away. That day her new Way-rag came in the mail and on the back page was a letter from someone that she took P.F.A.L with 15 years earlier. She called H.Q. and in 2 weeks, she was safe in a new town.

Now days on a STS no names are listed just cities. The Way-rag will not publish a name on those letters. Kind of, makes you wonder??

The days of the spotlight and name-dropping are gone. Now its no names because you never know who might leave or get kicked out. No R.O.A. to get together for common folk. Only Adv

Class grad specials. Cannot have common folk talking, only the sold out brainwashed.

The Way now operates in shadows. Keep it toned down and low. Do not draw attention.

Keep it business as usual. If some long standing Corp leaves nothing said. Keep regions, states and branches apart. No news is good news.

I guess we know T.W.I. and its intentions by their fruit.

To bad the younger generation of the way has introduced the older generation of the way to

the internet, face book and my space. These sites can be a great place to meet and catch up

with old friends. People are talking again…

Copenhagen

Reminds me of the Jim Jones documentary I was watching earlier this week. People weren't really allowed to talk to each other. It was that isolation that kept people from comparing experiences. For all you know, all those letters might be made up. TWI just might be nothing more than a tape and a magazine sent to the few, and a few classes for those who are willing to spend the money. Cranking out nonsense to those willing to pay for nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of the Jim Jones documentary I was watching earlier this week. People weren't really allowed to talk to each other. It was that isolation that kept people from comparing experiences. For all you know, all those letters might be made up. TWI just might be nothing more than a tape and a magazine sent to the few, and a few classes for those who are willing to spend the money. Cranking out nonsense to those willing to pay for nonsense.

Was it ever really anything more than a large scale illusion?