GreaseSpot Cafe

Five Doves

Belle

I have no knowledge of anything about this website, much less how to answer this poor girl, but maybe one of you can figure it out:

Started a new Bible study (at the workplace, a Catholic institution). One co-host stated he doesn't attend any church, but he attributes his Bible knowledge to The Way International. Another attendee said her bible, the Lambsa Bible, is the only true bible because it's in Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke. Help...appreciate any feedback!
  • Upvote 1

I have no knowledge of anything about this website, much less how to answer this poor girl, but maybe one of you can figure it out:

The site has no text fields to type the answer in, and no Send button to sent it. Thus, no way to respond.

Ie., poorly designed site.

The site has no text fields to type the answer in, and no Send button to sent it. Thus, no way to respond.

Ie., poorly designed site.

Agreed, it is poorly designed..

But according to the site, you have to do the following to respond:

Please send your letters, questions, articles or reports to John Tng at spirit5@singnet.com.sg.

Googled it at Five Doves here is something.

John -

This is only my second post to Five Doves, but I am a regular reader/lurker here. Thank you so much for providing such a haven for watchers and the spiritually hungry!

New Creation

Sandra Jean

This is to respond to your request for feedback regarding The Way International (I am not acquainted with the Lambsa bible).

15 years or so ago I joined a home bible study which was frequented by some very friendly and generous individuals. Can't remember whether I attended more than once or a few times, but I stopped going when I realized that what these individuals believed was not scriptural.

When the Holy Spirit was mentioned, I noticed He was referred to as "it", and when I questioned them on this another red flag became apparent. I said that I believed the Holy Spirit was part of the Trinity/Triune God, but then I was told that would be worshipping more than one God. (Jesus was not considered deity by these folks either). While I can't say the beliefs these folks adhered to were/are taught by The Way International, my subsequent inquiries regarding this group led me to believe that it doesn't follow Christian doctrine.

I was able to part ways amicably with these people as we each recognized neither side was going to convince the other to change their beliefs. However, I learned a very valuable lesson - we are each responsible for studying/knowing the truths of the Bible so that we can recognize false teachings when we run across them.

I am sure the Lord will honor your desire to study/feed upon His word, so ask Him to lead you to a scripturally sound group. If it takes time to find one in your area, there are always good studies online (not always as rewarding as direct feedback and correction from a group learning environment, but better than trying to do it all on your own.) Blessings on you - the Lord will always feed His sheep!