GreaseSpot Cafe

Wikipedia needs a definitive list of TWI splinter groups

Jim

Because of the Wikipedia "no original research" rules, I can't put it up myself, and besides, I don't know a quarter of them. I am, however, a fairly well-established Wikipedia editor and would be happy to do it based on information posted here.

I'd like to know, at the minimum, the following:

Splinter group name

Splinter group founder and relationship to TWI,

Other info that would be useful:

Group website

Group doctrine

Group creation date

Anything else useful

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Because of the Wikipedia "no original research" rules, I can't put it up myself, and besides, I don't know a quarter of them. I am, however, a fairly well-established Wikipedia editor and would be happy to do it based on information posted here.

I'd like to know, at the minimum, the following:

Splinter group name

Splinter group founder and relationship to TWI,

Other info that would be useful:

Group website

Group doctrine

Group creation date

Anything else useful

Thanks.

Let us all know when it is done,splinter groups are like Stink Bugs in the Fall!

It's a hydra. Cut off one head, others grow in its place. Doubtful that there could ever be a "definitive list". Just note the bigger ones like CFFM and STFI. Look on CFFM for believer links. Follow them around. Note that this is a worldwide problem.

You'd have to define what exactly is a splinter. How much of TWI doctrine would they have to keep - or reject?

You'd have to define what exactly is a splinter. How much of TWI doctrine would they have to keep - or reject?

I was wondering about that...I know of a few groups led by TWI trained 'clergy' that have partially or completely rejected TWI doctrine but keep the same basic structure and methods as TWI(classes, tapes, magazines "advances", no oversight, sometimes bogus 'doctorates' etc.) and have at their core mostly former TWI followers as their base.

Dale Sides,Paul Norcrossand others come to mind as being in that camp.

By my way of thinking you would have to include those even though the doctrine is different as all of their main training came from TWI and they still carryover in style if not substance

Edited by mstar1

It's a hydra. Cut off one head, others grow in its place. Doubtful that there could ever be a "definitive list". Just note the bigger ones like CFFM and STFI. Look on CFFM for believer links. Follow them around. Note that this is a worldwide problem.

Talk about a Thorn in the Flesh! :CUSSING: