GreaseSpot Cafe

SNS tapes on video?

JustThinking

All,

Before I left, I seem to remember TWI adding video versions of their Sunday Nights Service tapes. Did that actually start and, if so, do they still do that?

JT

Yeah, they still do that.. They had VHS for a little while, and now have it on DVD...

It must be for those who think there must be some action missing from that mono-toned reading, erm.. I mean teaching..

Must be a joy to watch the person reading it in real color!! And all those 70-80s style step moves..

• Upvote 1

Yeah, they still do that.. They had VHS for a little while, and now have it on DVD...

It must be for those who think there must be some action missing from that mono-toned reading, erm.. I mean teaching..

Must be a joy to watch the person reading it in real color!! And all those 70-80s style step moves..

You do mean 1870s? I survived the 80's and even "The Robot" didn't look that bad.

I wonder how many wayfers subscribe but never watch them? One line I remember hearing was "No, I haven't watched/listented to that one yet. I'm working SNS Tape # xxx. But, once I'm done, I'll catch up." Hahahahahaha!!!! Most folks I knew subscribed once the LC reamed those who didn't get them. Of course, that was after HQ reamed the RC, etc. Like phone tag but the message leaves whip marks...

JT

Okay this is my memory of SNS tapes..

Totally unrelated to the actual topic of this discussion but there it is something I think is funny now.. not so much at the time

Okay my first encounter with SNS tapes was on the WOW field NO big surprise there, I did not attend twig before becoming a wow I took the class and then a bit later went WOW I had attended a couple things but I was attending Business college full time and working full time no extra time for TWI

LOL any way back to the tapes so we of course would get a new one every week and we were supposed to listen to them

so our two WOW families would get together on a prescribed day and time to listen to the tapes and I swear to God there was three times in a row when we would be listening to it and everyone of us would be asleep... SNERK

any way our Resident Coprs Guy decided we had to sit up no more Lying on the floor to listen to the tapes, this presented a problem as we did not have enough chairs or such for all of us..o I am not sure how they were procured but folding chairs were found and we had one couch between the two families. ... and of course there we were nodding off all sitting in folding chairs all 7 of us... IT still cracks me up to this day. I am not sure if the teachings were that boring or if we were just that tired LOLOLOL I suspect a bit of both.

BTW 79-80 and some of those were VP... Of course I could remember it all wrong and they were way corps tapes but I am sure they were SNS tapes

• Upvote 1

Okay this is my memory of SNS tapes..

Totally unrelated to the actual topic of this discussion but there it is something I think is funny now.. not so much at the time

Okay my first encounter with SNS tapes was on the WOW field NO big surprise there, I did not attend twig before becoming a wow I took the class and then a bit later went WOW I had attended a couple things but I was attending Business college full time and working full time no extra time for TWI

LOL any way back to the tapes so we of course would get a new one every week and we were supposed to listen to them

so our two WOW families would get together on a prescribed day and time to listen to the tapes and I swear to God there was three times in a row when we would be listening to it and everyone of us would be asleep... SNERK

any way our Resident Coprs Guy decided we had to sit up no more Lying on the floor to listen to the tapes, this presented a problem as we did not have enough chairs or such for all of us..o I am not sure how they were procured but folding chairs were found and we had one couch between the two families. ... and of course there we were nodding off all sitting in folding chairs all 7 of us... IT still cracks me up to this day. I am not sure if the teachings were that boring or if we were just that tired LOLOLOL I suspect a bit of both.

BTW 79-80 and some of those were VP... Of course I could remember it all wrong and they were way corps tapes but I am sure they were SNS tapes

:eusa_clap:

Leafy,

You are bringing back memories! No sleep better than TWI-induced. :rolleyes: We used to do the same thing as roommates. Until we got this corpse guy. Ugh. Then it was like being at headquarters. But in our basement. Really weird. The guy was nice but way too wayfer for me. The really bad part was the couch we had was SOOOO comfortable. It was leather and overstuffed. Wow, great place to watch sports, movies, anything! Except listen to SNS tapes. ZZZzzz.....

So you went WOW and had never been to twig before? I bet your family had a heart attack?!

JT

• Upvote 1

:eusa_clap:

Leafy,

You are bringing back memories! No sleep better than TWI-induced. :rolleyes: We used to do the same thing as roommates. Until we got this corpse guy. Ugh. Then it was like being at headquarters. But in our basement. Really weird. The guy was nice but way too wayfer for me. The really bad part was the couch we had was SOOOO comfortable. It was leather and overstuffed. Wow, great place to watch sports, movies, anything! Except listen to SNS tapes. ZZZzzz.....

So you went WOW and had never been to twig before? I bet your family had a heart attack?!

JT

LOL Yes they did .. I was out of the house living on my own and paying my own way and had been for a while but I think if they had had the money they would have deprogrammed me. We had a big fight as I was leaving for the WOW field, so Yeah it was a mess.

I suppose I should write the whole story here some time it is actually pretty interesting but has not a thing to do with the evilness of TWI and a lot more to do with my own stubbornness, and belief i was taking a year to serve God.

Stupid little idiot i was...... I believed that I was serving God. :wacko:

Edited to add ... I suspect if I had actually attended a few Twigs i would not have gone out WOW. And I am ratting out my beloved Hubby here and now.. when I married him and we ran our twig far from the Limb.. we only listened three times to SNS tapes. HE is my hero just for that alone. Those things were so horribly boring.

Edited by leafytwiglet
  • Upvote 1

Edited to add ... I suspect if I had actually attended a few Twigs i would not have gone out WOW. And I am ratting out my beloved Hubby here and now.. when I married him and we ran our twig far from the Limb.. we only listened three times to SNS tapes. HE is my hero just for that alone. Those things were so horribly boring.

What a great way to look at it!!

It sounds like a really small group is burning DVDs for a small section of a small group. I HAVE to think that those who get the DVDs are viewed as more spiritual than the average "believer." :)

JT

What a great way to look at it!!

It sounds like a really small group is burning DVDs for a small section of a small group. I HAVE to think that those who get the DVDs are viewed as more spiritual than the average "believer." :)

JT

Hey!

If you have any of those DVD's, I'd be glad to burn them for you.

bonfire1.jpg