GreaseSpot Cafe

Sometimes I feel like the Water Boy............................

crystalclearblue

In the Movie The Water Boy, the Adam Sandler Character is trying to study. When he gets to Benjamin Franklin he flashes back to his Mother yelling at him "Benjamin Franklin is the Devil! I invented electricity!" In her attempt for him to only need her, part of the theme of the movie. I think he shakes his head to clear it and keeps moving on.

Today I saw a documentary about Einstein and I flashed back to leadership saying he was possesed. So many successful people in our society were called posessed or sold out. I used to feel like something was wrong with me if I found myself admiring someone. Now I make up my own mind if I want to appreciate and learn from someone. But I was surprised that I flashed back to that again. I had thought I'd stopped doing that! :doh: :wacko:

Ha! Today as I was raking "Leaves"(how symbolic! :confused: )I thought about TWI(tree)

it wasn't the first time either.

One year I got really emotional :cryhug_1_: about burning them too!

Then over the years I GOT IT(We were NOT ever Leaves on The Tree of Life!! :realmad: )

The crazy thing is the time I spent analyzing that!!!! :CUSSING:

Edited by cheranne

Ha! Today as I was raking "Leaves"(how symbolic! :confused: )I thought about TWI(tree)

it wasn't the first time either.

One year I got really emotional :cryhug_1_: about burning them too!

Then over the years I GOT IT(We were NOT ever Leaves on The Tree of Life!! :realmad: )

The crazy thing is the time I spent analyzing that!!!! :CUSSING:

I know what you mean. I still find myself analyzing things that most people wouldn't even think twice about. Like I have to refilter everything.

I have an over-active imagination fueled by an over-active curiosity driven by years of knowledge-of-things-in-the-world deprivation that leads me to over-analyzing events of the past, present, and possible future scenarios.

Water boy, you are not alone...

Edited by penworks

Some of us water boys are teaching math 105, and desperately trying to follow some professor in Real Analysis, Combinitronics and/or Modern Algebra II..

Don't ask about next semester, if it is to be..

:biglaugh:

I'll stay as long as they love me. Well, maybe that's asking too much..

as long as they will have me..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham