GreaseSpot Cafe

For what it's worth

kimberly

Sports medicine doctor says, Kimberly your knees hurt because of all your years as an athlete...all that running and sorts. It is arthritis and you will just have to live with it. But the good thing is, your cardiovascular system is in great shape!!!!!

What a trade off! Yee haw!!! Great cardiovascular and sometimes the pain in my knees make me want to say real ugly words. I keep going, though. I keep exercising (walking) and not going to let this get the best of me. blah, blah, blah... I'm suppose to live with this? Ain't no way.

Then I read an article about a woman who had the same problem. She went with a friend to a homeopathic type health food store. The woman working there noticed her limping and asked her about it. Oh, it is just arthritis. The clerk asked, have you ever been tested for food allergies? The woman responded she had not. After being tested by her doctor it was found that she was allergic to gluten. She eliminated gluten from her diet and within a month had a new lease on her knee life.

I read this and decided to eliminate gluten from my diet. Give it a try... what do I have to lose. Well pain free is what I have lost and 15 pounds to boot. It has been 3 months and I am here to tell you I am a new knee life woman. I never imagined I could live without bread. Growing up a southern girl there was bread every meal. I did not grow up eating pasta but love it in my adult life. I ate lasagna a few weeks back and the pain in my knees returned. The left knee (that I had surgery on some year ago) was particularly trying to out smart me.

I don't think the allergy is from the wheat seed. I think it is in all the herbicides, pesticides, and whatever is used to "fertilize" the wheat, rye or barley. Chemicals, chemicals, chemicals mutate that what was once good.

I guess this coming summer I will have to make gluten free bread for all those home grown mater sandwiches. Thank God there is still grits.

It works for me. I hope this can help someone else.

As a gal with gluten allergies let me add a few things that healed up for me when I eliminated it from my diet

The athletes foot I had had my entire life that defied all medicines completely cleared up.

also lower intestinal cramps that I also had my entire life.. alspo I had some dry patches of skin that went away

and my ulcer healed up to.

Also acid reflux gone and heartburn.

and no I do not take nexium. I do no have them when I do not eat wheat

Some friends and I were talking the other day about food allergies. We all agreed that growing up and even into our adult years we never heard of or knew anybody allergic to peanuts.

I think that is because few people had access to peanuts, there was peanut butter or seperate peanuts, now they are in so many things. more than you realize.

IT is the same with wheat it used to be in your bread products and your mom would use it in gravy but now it is in most packaged foods. you would be surprised how much stuff it is in.

and our diet now adays is loaded actually overloaded with it. And chemicals I wonder if people realize how much chemicals they get in their soda and packaged food.. I think they would be stunned and that doesn't even count the pesticide chemicals sprayed on our food.

I suspect that the longevity that has been increasing in humans over the years will start decreasing from all the stuff we are now carrying around in our bodies.

Interesting. I'll be starting allergy testing in February to try and get a grip on asthma which has been out of control for several months. Also have bouts of excema etc, and arthritis in knees, but pain comes aand goes.

We already know about some food allergies, all tree related(have lot of tree allergies). Will be good to find out.

Interesting. I'll be starting allergy testing in February to try and get a grip on asthma which has been out of control for several months. Also have bouts of excema etc, and arthritis in knees, but pain comes aand goes.

We already know about some food allergies, all tree related(have lot of tree allergies). Will be good to find out.

The excema may alleviate as you get further and further from having had wheat I know the patches I had of it cleared up I had these small patches of it on my arms and legs not bad like some people get.... but that is all gone.

Be sure to buy the unscented laundry soap if you can it really helps.

I use arm and hammer myself... it is awesome. even with the perfumed stuff it doesn't irritate my skin at all!

Don't know anything about gluten allergy, but I am pretty sure that a lot of allergies today come from too much insecticide, fertiliser, growth hormones, etc, that are sprayed on or around stuff.

Also, people are getting bigger (height and girth) - I figure, if you stuff an animal (especially poultry) with things to make it grow quicker, that growth hormone HAS to be within the meat when eaten - hence it will affect growth in top predators (human beings). A particularly good reason for eating less meat and more vegs, and home-growing what you can.

Good to hear your news, Kimberley.

Bramble, hope your tests reveal something that you can eliminate from diet simply and effectively.

I used to have some real fits with sinus/allergy. Capping and taking cayenne pepper put an end to all of that among other things.

Local honey, raw as can be and taken at a tablespoon once or twice a day works wonders for allergies. I have two friends that spent an insane amount of money on doctors, prescriptions and surgeries because of allergies. They were allergic to pine trees. They started on doses of local honey a couple of years ago and as of today are no longer troubled. Now, they take a tablespoon 3 times a week. You ought to hear them once they get on their soapbox about honey and how it cured their allergies. I tell them they are candidates for an infomercial.