GreaseSpot Cafe

Yesterday Was the Birthday of Special Men

krys

Feb 12, 1809. It was a Sunday. Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin were born.

It is now Feb 13. People were born on this day who are not famous but who are worth every bit as much as Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin - they just aren't famous - they just raise their families, work hard, and will never be remembered in history.

I remembered President Lincoln's birthday yesterday. Didn't know it was Darwin's.

Today's birthday in my world is my niece and nephew, fraternal twins who turn 22 today. They're both hugely successful bicycle racers.

My niece lives in Italy with her husband and 19-month-old baby boy, Luciano. She went to college on a volleyball scholarship and is now a professional volleyball player.

My nephew works with my brother - he's the spitten image of his dad!

They're both happy and stable young adults.

Happy Birthday, Willy and Whitney!!!

WhitneyandLuciano01182010.jpg

Edited by bowtwi
  • Upvote 1

WhitneyandLuciano01182010.jpg,%20Will.jpg[/img]

I remembered President Lincoln's birthday yesterday. Didn't know it was Darwin's.

Today's birthday in my world is my niece and nephew, fraternal twins. who turn 22 today. They're both hugely successful bicycle racers.

My niece lives in Italy with her husband and 19-month-old baby boy, Luciano. She went to college on a volleyball scholarship and is now a professional volleyball player.

My nephew works with my brother - he's the spitten image of his dad!

They're both happy and stable young adults.

Happy Birthday, Willy and Whitney!!!

• Upvote 1

It is now Feb 13. People were born on this day who are not famous but who are worth every bit as much as Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin - they just aren't famous - they just raise their families, work hard, and will never be remembered in history.

Of course you are correct, Rumrunner. However, the coincidence of such historically famous men sharing the same day and date of birth I find fascinating.

It may be, that some time in the future, some born today may out-shine anyone born to date.

You used the term "worth". I'm sorry if I gave the impression that Lincoln and Darwin were "worth more" than other men, because I don't think that's true. I try to avoid using the term "worth" when it comes to things like this. IMHO a man's "worth" is defined by his integrity, how he treats his wife and family, and friends, of course - - and also perhaps his relationship with his God.

Shame on me for using the term "special"....because it's only in their historical contributions that they are so.

Edited by krys

My family came from naples, and also near the pontine Islands the latina area. Even been to Italy?

One too many times thank you. Sure wish they'd pay their bills on time.

Edited by RumRunner
  • Upvote 1

One too many times thank you. Sure wish they'd pay their bills on time.

You are familar with the pontine Islands? Yes I know what you mean about paying there bills. Nice place to visit but you don't want to live there.

Edited by nyunknown

You are familar with the pontine Islands? Yes I know what you mean about paying there bills. Nice place to visit but you don't want to live there.

Ayep - obscure little place - charming - no one speaks English (a plus in my book at times) - really friendly folk - kinda rustic - great, GREAT seafood

• Upvote 1

My family came from naples, and also near the pontine Islands the latina area. Even been to Italy?

No, I haven't been. But I sure would like to. If she stays there long enough I just might make it. But they come back here at least annually so I don't know that I'll make it a priority. All the pictures I've seen have been beautiful! So much history there.

• Upvote 1

It's now February 14 and someone special is 5 years old today. Who knows if he'll be famous, but once you meet him, you'll never forget him! :evilshades:

(L to R: Kristopher (8 yrs old) and Andreas (5 yrs old)

IMG_8919preview.jpg

You have handsome and intelligent looking boys in your family. I like the smiles.

It's now February 14 and someone special is 5 years old today. Who knows if he'll be famous, but once you meet him, you'll never forget him! evilshades.gif

(L to R: Kristopher (8 yrs old) and Andreas (5 yrs old)

IMG_8919preview.jpg

What a FABULOUS picture of your boys!

Happy Birthday, Andreas!!!!!