GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Easter - unsure where to post this

I wanted to send a LOVE card and what better time than Easter - with the subject being Jesus.

I am the Resurrection! He did not say - I was the resurrection!

John 11:25 (King James Version)

25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

The resurrection of Jesus is thought about once a year. The truth each each time we hurt, we are sick, financially challenged, lonely or get "lost" we can tap into the resurrected power of Jesus Christ. (We can also tap into it in thanksgiving and praise.) We can pray and speak the resurrection power of Jesus to where we are dead or diseased. The resurrection is more of a "Verb" than a past tense noun. Did Jesus get up from the dead long ago? Yes. But it is an action that takes place each time we we speak Jesus to our fallen places. The resurrection is current, active and ongoing. Let the active resurrection touch you this Easter.

May these songs minister to you in his holy name which is above all names -

J E S U S.

Here is the resurrection of Jesus - let it wash over you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUTt8XINPY

Now speak it actively into the present - out loud

Example: I speak resurrection to strengthen my back and claim the resurrection of Jesus to heal me as he already paid the price for all that ails me. "Back" I speak to you and I claim the power of Jesus to be manifested in every cell, in every place I claim healing in the name of Jesus

And here is personal resurrection:

Happy Easter to you too, Dot!

"New every morning is the love

"Our wakening and uprising prove;

"Through sleep and darkness safely brought,

"Restored to life and power and thought."

New Every Morning - tune

Now speak it actively into the present - out loud

Example: I speak resurrection to strengthen my back and claim the resurrection of Jesus to heal me as he already paid the price for all that ails me.

The following is most pertinent to those that claim to believe the story book text -

There is no operation of Divine wisdom that has been so completely misapprehended and misrepresented as the shedding of the blood of Christ. Popular preaching brings it down to a level with the sacrifices of idolatrous superstition, by which wrathful deities are supposed to be placated by the blood of a substitutionary victim. Christ is represented as having paid our debts—as having died instead of us—as having stood in our room like a substitute in military service, or like a man rushing to the scaffold where a criminal is about to be executed, and offering to die instead of him (a favourite illustration in the evangelical pulpit).

Such views are contradicted by even the most superficial facts of the case; for if Christ died instead of us, then we ought not to die (which we do); and if he paid the penalty naturally due from us—death—he ought not to have risen (which he did). And if his death was of the character alleged, the redeeming power lay in itself and not in the resurrection that followed; whereas Paul declares to the Corinthians that, notwithstanding the death of Christ, “if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain: ye are yet in your sins” (1- Corinthians 15:17).

Further, if Christ has paid our debts, our debts are not “forgiven,” for it would be out of place for a creditor to talk of having forgiven a debt which someone else has paid for the debtor; and thus is blotted out the very first feature of the gospel of the grace of God—the forgiveness of our sins “through the forbearance of God” (Romans 3:25 ). (Extract from The Blood of Christ by Robert Roberts)

Happy Easter sister! :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

How great is Your love

So much higher than the heavens

With faithfulness that reaches the sky

No Easter eggs for you, then, Composer, nor "Good" Friday and Easter Monday as statutory holidays. Nor 25 Dec, and no Chrissie pressies. (LOL)

Enjoy your life while it lasts.

Maybe you'd like to start a thread about what you use for rules for life. Those rules don't seem to include graciousness.

Everybody else: went to the second service at my church. It was an all-age service (kids didn't go out). People were asked to get into little groups with people sitting nearby. We were asked how we learned: by copying. We were asked to write down a few things that we thought Jesus would be like. One of the kids wrote, "Like my Dad." That got a round of applause. That little lad copied his Dad, who was copying (one hopes) Jesus, who copied his Dad - God.