GreaseSpot Cafe

I'll be forever grateful...

Tzaia

"I'll be forever grateful for the accuracy of god's word that I received in TWI."

How many times have I (we) heard (read) that one?

Might I suggest that the gratitude is misplaced? Might I suggest that the "keys" we received were the wrong set of keys?

Just sayin'.

Not an entirely easy subject for me yet either. Just last night I was considering, I'm a PFAL grad and have no other biblical teaching in my life since Lutheran Confirmation sessions as a teen.

I considered this in light of my virtually wholesale presentation of The Way International in my "Post Mortem of The Way International" thread as a diseased body both dead and on the verge of death, followed shortly by a burning up of the diseased remains, of course.

Last night I was considering that I am a PFAL grad, so what about me?

To the best of my understanding here it is in hopefully meaningful little blurbs:

I did learn Bible in The Way International.

I didn't get adequate Christain counseling for my own horny young man issues, but I never took a married woman, abused my position of authority(perhaps because I did not have one.), and never ceased to feel somewhat guilty of my youthful indescretions which for the record weren't numerous or had abusive intentions.

I didn't get, in hindsight, any worthwhile guidance concerning making my life either useful or productive in The Way, just encouraged to send my life down the deliberately servile and fruitless TWI path of service.

I did get involved in a splinter group in Minnesota after Martindale's call for loyalty letters because our limb leader left and most people left the Way.

I thought it was a good thing to get a second chance at trying to be a successful believer again (yes, there were guilt issues involved) but turned out to only have been supporting a sociopatic and insane man who took my unwillingness to give up this time as an opprtunity to slowly destroy both my life and my family behind my back while I was attempting to confront biblical mistakes that went from bad to really crazy under Victor Barnard's control.

Came to GSC a wrecked man and found out that it wasn't just Barnard that was crazy, but that The Way International was bad, bad, and worse from the begining. And virtually every single thing that I heard about The Way here fit virtually exactly the same disease that I saw up close and personal in River Road Fellowship.

As for myself, my conscience is clear but I also know I'm not the final judge of me, and The Way is obviously flawed and disease ridden to me. But funny enough (or maybe not) I'm still thankful for being taught some bible. And the doctrine was much more flawed than I ever knew, probably still don't.

It's just that IMO what Wierwille was and what us Wayfers thought he was was, was a lie. A convincing public lie carried out through unwitting and good hearted people unto this day.

"I'll be forever grateful for the accuracy of god's word that I received in TWI."

How many times have I (we) heard (read) that one?

Might I suggest that the gratitude is misplaced? Might I suggest that the "keys" we received were the wrong set of keys?

Just sayin'.

I don't think the "keys" were bad. I imagine, though, that had someone just given me a copy of How to Enjoy the Bible, I'd have done as well.

George

I don't think the "keys" were bad. I imagine, though, that had someone just given me a copy of How to Enjoy the Bible, I'd have done as well.

George

I have it. It's based on a set of premises which may or may not be correct an is (IMO) one of many possible viewpoints.

I'm still conflicted on whether to applaud people who are so all-fired sure about a future that is predicated on a prediction, or smack them upside the head.