GreaseSpot Cafe

Advanced Class 2010

OldSkool

Thought I would start an official thread for all things AC 2010. It started on Sunday, 13th - I appreciate the person who confirmed that, thanks!

I will say this from being at HQ for several years. The number of new students has evaporated exponentially since 1998. In 98 I took the class and there were around 600 students. And the excitement was everywhere as the MLM gurus plied their trade. Fast forward to 2002 when I was a branch study group coordinator and it was only a couple hundred. Over the next several years they started losing staff in droves. Between no staff and little new students Rosie and the gang needed to do something quick. So, with all their years of accumulated wisdom they took yet another step into yesteryear. They let grads come to HQ to participate in a work / study program. (That's one con that will never die in TWI.) So I understand from recent years that the numbers of new students are less than a hundred and many of them are ministry kids. Sad state of affairs to say the least.

So what killed it? The Forehead's affairs? The no debt policy? The dry white toast teaching style?

Can we just attribute this to the lack of talent and leadership demonstrated by Frau Q-Tip?

A Snapshot of the past ~ According to the Associated Press, the June, 1979 Power for Abundant Living “Advanced Class ‘79” held at the University of Ohio involved a contract covering the use of campus buildings calling for The Way to pay the university $728,000. Four thousand people reportedly registered for it, presumably bringing The Way gross receipts of more than $2,000,000.

A Snapshot of the past ~ According to the Associated Press, the June, 1979 Power for Abundant Living “Advanced Class ‘79” held at the University of Ohio involved a contract covering the use of campus buildings calling for The Way to pay the university $728,000. Four thousand people reportedly registered for it, presumably bringing The Way gross receipts of more than $2,000,000.

Egads. Maybe I should change this thread to "Official Memorial Service for the way intenational's Advanced Class"

Psst....hey Rosie, didn't you coordinate this one, leaving your freshly car wrecked son in a hospital bed? I know a little personal but just wondering how you justify 4000 people in attendance to less than a hundred. Can someone work up the percentage drop? :biglaugh:

Of course someone you know followed your counsel to stay and serve while a loved one had surgery....I mean it's the example you give. Stay in service at all costs. Strange how that was used against the person. I understand even your lapdog was speechless when he was told the background of the accusation. Course the Panamanian would love to be like the Pineapple. Little dictators admire others, yanno?

Oh the rumors we hear. After all - "A rumors not a rumor that doesn't die"

That would imply a $500 admission fee. I was there. Maybe there was a fee like that, but I don't remember it. Of course, I'm sure that there was some charge to cover room (we stayed in campus dorms) and board (three meals a day).

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

That would imply a $500 admission fee. I was there. Maybe there was a fee like that, but I don't remember it. Of course, I'm sure that there was some charge to cover room (we stayed in campus dorms) and board (three meals a day).

George

That is correct! $505. Although it is possible that you paid it as two seperate fees. I wasn't born yet.