GreaseSpot Cafe

Limiting Believing

I drive this car, a 1989 Ford Tursus, this thing has around 230,000 miles on it, the front seal thing is shot and smoke pours out of the hood; but I have been driving this car for over a year now. I have every kind of doubt you can think of in the back of my mind, sure I can get another, but I drive this car? Under the Law of believing, I should not be able to do this? Should I not be more concerned with not putting Yahweh to a test, and get a car, because I have this doubts all time in the back of mind? My kind of believing is crazy believing, I will drive this car in the ground, I will walk, bummer drag, the down pavement blue's, I sure hope when my car blows up, I do not have holes in my shoes. Under the Law of believing, I should not be able to do this, because of all the anxieties I have all the time in my gut? Could believing be an attitude that one develops within them self's, our Father has cattle upon a thousand hills. How many ways can this law limit believing?

Sorry, dude, the "law of believing" is bogus.

I have no choice but to agree with you on that (since I don't really know what the "law of believing" , as taught by TWI, is).

But, just as a for instance, there is no handy, ready made theory in either biology or psychology that adequately explains the Placebo Effect in clinical trials of pharmaceuticals. Couldn't a Law of Believing, in some form, account for at least some of it?

Placebo effect, that is wild stuff; believing is huge, but I think one should not go down that road. It seems too controlling for me; that stuff seems like I would have to think too much?

No, you don't have to think anything. Simply knowing that you're being given a treatment which might work enhances the probability that the treatment will work, even if all you were given was a sugar pill.

I know what the blood of Yeshua did for me; but to know about a pill? I think that is kinda of what vp was pushing, to know that you know; I think their is a difference in attitude about to know, it seems like things of this world could give us a false to know, or a true to know; but to trust to know that you know; it leaves to many paths full of pot holes.

It seems like the one liners of the way, were like suger pills in this Placebo effect thing; it seems that the way promoted the suger pill, more then what was written. Like, all you need is PFAL, believing equis receiving; I remember being taught that I needed to take that second class to interrupt tongues, one night in twig, I was call on to interrupt tongues, but I said, I have not taken that class yet. It is a trip, how this suger pill thing can affect ones believing.

There is a principle in the Bible about believing, and it's important. Its prerequisite for other things as well, and what you believe will determine who you are.

Believing isn't a toy, though. It isn't taking God out of a little box and using it however you want to, and then putting it back. There are things God asks us to believe. The people in Hebrews eleven that are given as examples, believed what God asked them to believe. They didn't "wing it" and ask for a bunch of crap that God didn't want for them. I think it's Hebrews ten that tells us that faith (believing) without works is dead, and all his examples are of people that did something about what they believed, making it a lot less mystical. People don't do something in life if they don't believe it's worthwhile. On the other hand, if they believe it's possible, they don't let failures dissuade them from acheiving their goal. They remain patient inside (not frustrated) and continue to work for what they want. Sometimes, it never happens for them. But it's exceedingly rare for them to achieve something they never work for or believe in.

Hope that Helps.

hahahahahaha!!! I'm tempted to do a MoJoJo diatribe

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>