GreaseSpot Cafe

Who got that Harley?

teachmevp

Repairs to a private vehicle...your ABS at work, perhaps. :CUSSING:

Anyway, what did happen to that vehicle? Was it sold and the moneys proffered to TWI's coffers? Sold and proceeds retained by VPW? (After all, he owned it, legally, so he could do what he wanted with the proceeds.)

Or even, proceeds given to some good cause...the poor, needy, a hospital necessity, a shelter for homeless people, disaster relief fund, mission outreach in another country...something else worthwhile and not VPW-selfish???

As a side issue, I suppose that plane would have been TWI property so the sale proceeds from that would have made their way into TWI coffers...wouldn't they?

As a side issue, I suppose that plane would have been TWI property so the sale proceeds from that would have made their way into TWI coffers...wouldn't they?

Oh yeah, the sale of the plane, I understand, was huge in restoring TWI's financial health.

One interesting note about the plane; I heard there was a buyer who put up a substantial amount of money as downpayment. I want to say the amount was $100,000. The buyer was not able to come up with the rest, so the plane went back on the market and TWI got to retain the downpayment. Then they sold the plane for I think over $300,000. I could be completely off on those figures. My point is, they made a ton of money off of Ambassador One.

I doubt anyone made much money off that Harley. It was custom made and all and it was, in fact, a Harley. So some collector probably has it unless it's wrecked.

Maybe VP should have gotten one of THESE after he wrecked the Twig Hopper.

Did he wreck the Twig Hopper?

Repairs to a private vehicle...your ABS at work, perhaps. :CUSSING:

Anyway, what did happen to that vehicle? Was it sold and the moneys proffered to TWI's coffers? Sold and proceeds retained by VPW? (After all, he owned it, legally, so he could do what he wanted with the proceeds.)

Or even, proceeds given to some good cause...the poor, needy, a hospital necessity, a shelter for homeless people, disaster relief fund, mission outreach in another country...something else worthwhile and not VPW-selfish???

(bold and italics are my emphasis - - -)

I'm guessing (and this is JUST MY GUESS) that he donated it all to the Society of Drambuie Swizzlers

(also known as the S.D.S.), of whom he was probably "chief". biglaugh.gifdrink.giftongue.gif

dmiller, of course you know that my comment was tongue-in-cheek, don't you? (That'll be the day, when any of that lot give money away open-handedly.)

Yep, Drambuie Swizzlers, fishing, hols overseas, and new glass eyes would about do it.