GreaseSpot Cafe

What would you tell them?

newlife

I'll probably go along the lines of what a lot of folks have already said, like taking it slow and allowing them to make their own decision.

And another thing - taking a cue from Skyrider - I'd take into account the innie's experience AND their current level of involvement....

but something just as critical - perhaps even a prerequisite, is that THEY would be the one to initiate the dialogue - whether it would be an old way-friend contacting me or a new member on Grease Spot - I think it is appropriate for THEM to make the first move in expressing some interest in why l left or why there is Grease Spot.

If they blew me off or blew off Grease Spot after what I had to say - I promise I'd keep it short and (bitter)-sweet  :rolleyes:...then oh well, I'd wish them the best on their journey.

However - if they stick around and give any indication that there is some doubt gnawing at that back of their mind - I would want to know more about their experience and level of involvement with TWI. I'd give a good listen and find something of all that I could relate to and then maybe share something of my own experience - that hopefully would resonate with them.

The last thing I would ever want to do is talk them out of or into anything! I think if the person is really wanting to figure out where TWI  is at ....or wierwille, way doctrine & practice....or whatever it is that's been sitting on the back burner in their craw - perhaps someone honestly speaking the truth on a particular matter may actually crank up the heat on that. 

I think they have to come to some type of realization THEMSELVES - that they figure it out - or else they will torture themselves with fear they've been entertaining devil spirits , tricked by the devil, playing with Fire, thinking worldly, etc....yes this is perhaps the loneliest part - the most scariest part of the whole ordeal - THEY have to decide for themselves.

Edited by T-Bone
clarity & emphasis
  • Upvote 1