GreaseSpot Cafe

What kind of teacher was rosie?

Ham

Back to the original question of this thread, I can't imagine she was ever an inspiring high school teacher. I never saw her teach in twi. All I ever saw her do was parrot the party line and spit out indoctrination. Oh...and rules...lots and lots of rules.

Rosie's so-called teaching is still the same as it was then: it's a one-way street (she talks & you listen), a lecture from the pulpit, and just as you said, lots of rules. She says that she always asks for input. My question would be: whose input does she ask? She never asked me or any of my co-workers in Way Pub when she'd come lecture us about how badly we screwed up Bernita's WM articles. Sorry, but Bernita is getting to be an old lady whose train of thought isn't quite magazine-ready. But there's no pleasing Rosie. First, we did too much revising to BJ's article, so then we went very light on her articles. No more than a couple years later, Rosie was meeting with us again, because BJ's articles were too choppy--they needed more editing. Can you believe that? We effin' did what she said to do, and she still didn't like it. I think if she'd have left us alone to begin with, we'd have done the work right. But she speaks "from the chair," so there's no discourse when she meets with you. She talks and you listen. And you'd better agree with every word, too...

sooo.. from what I've read so far.

She was/is not inspiring.. motivating, perhaps.. for one to distance oneself from new knoxville as long as one's legs, camel, or wowmobile can perform..

:biglaugh:

but with the "one way" communications.. the last description seems to stand..

"teacher"? Perhaps that was the wrong question.. a teacher solicits LEGITIMATE feedback, to assess whether the student understands the lesson.. and it's not usually accepted in terms of "yass'm" or "yassir"..