GreaseSpot Cafe

Live! - - - Puppy Cam

dmiller

Still 7, Garth. I just looked.

Must be hard work being a puppy. They're all flat out, like slugs. Only one seems capable of movement and s/he is crawling around trying to get others to play. Leader of the pack. Or maybe s/he just hasn't got priorities right, LOL.

Whole heap of fun when all awake.

I have to say, I can't tell you how much this cam is blessing me. :) My Nico is pretty much in the last stages of her life (her spine is going) And this cam just reminds me that there is new life out there to enjoy. New lives to be loved and cared for.

Right now (5:45am) I see all the little pups sleeping, and mama is nowhere in sight. She's probably taking a much needed break from her pups! LOL! In a few weeks mama will probably start pushing her pups away saying "enough already!"

I remember Nico's mama actually sat on one of her pups and broke her back! :o

Editing at 8:15am: I see mama is back. Only a couple of the little goblins are feeding now. Poor mama! What a job! This cam will be a lot more interesting in a couple of weeks when the pups are more mobile and their personalities (sp?) are showing more.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Oh I didn't know thier eyes were not open yet. I'm wondering at what week they start going on solid food. I kind of remember visiting little Nico at the breeders when the litter was 4 weeks old and bottle feeding her on my lap, but at some point I think the litter started eating some kind of mush, then by the time I took her home at 8 weeks she was completely on Eukanuba solid puppy food.

I checked out the breeders website of these labs and you can tell they are really good breeders. Whoever buys these labs are getting top quality.

• 3 weeks later...

They are getting plumper and cuter now. :) A few more weeks and the lucky SCREENED parents will be able to take them home. God bless the well bred pups and the new parents. What a joy.

I do remember the first night home with Nico. I tried to keep her in a cage, but she cried so much that I ended up sleeping on the couch for a whole month, and building a little fortress around me so she wouldn't go crawling away in the night. She was happy, and I could wake up every 2 hours to take her outside to potty train her.

The pups miss their litter mates the first nights. I remember the breeder telling me that I would spoil her by not cage training her, but Nico hated it from the start, and it never became a problem.

Just a few chewed cords, favorite purse that she chewed the strap off of, headband since I had since 1980, etc. But what is all that for the love of a puppy? ;)

OH! Adult in the room now I think to feed them! They are happy to hear the human voice! LOL!

OMG! They are in a HUGE pen now and "big brother boom" just came in and they are trying to take his pic with the pups. This is too much, lol. :)

Edited by RottieGrrrl