GreaseSpot Cafe

COO - WTF - Hindsight is humorous...

OldSkool

I remember when John Reynolds gave his plug for Rosalie when Craig was "stepping down" and Rosalie was being made president and chairman of the board of directors.

To paraphrase John R.:

Many of you might no know this but Reverend Rivenbark has been the Chief Operating Officer for many years now...

translation according to OldSkool usage:

Many of you might not know this but Reverend Rivenbark has been secretly running the place for quite some time now while Reverend Martindale was out wetting his beak...:biglaugh:

I dunno I just find it humorous in hindsight. Technically, the only "Officers" in the way international up to that point:

• President
  • Vice President <--- I never knew this was also the COO spot...lol

Secretary / treasurer is not an officer position but a board of directors slot...I digress...

http://managementhelp.org/boards/brdjobs.htm

They always emphasized themselves as the board of trustees, but kept officer titles...Prez...Vice Prez....little Napoleons needed those important sounding names...anywho...

So my question is did Rosalie usher in this pseudo-corporate era?

Has the way international found survival (even though it's on life support) by moving away from the MOG / old-testament / put em outside the camp / ministry of Vic and Craig's day....to....we are a 501c3, non-profit corporation with work in 30 countries....

Since the Allen lawsuit there was a major push for legitimacy and since they were going to court defending against RICO charges and other VERY DAMAGING allegations I think their lawyers told them to clean up their act, if only in appearance.

But then you have Rosalie....poor old Rosalie....the same old dame who (back when she was a lowly department coordinator) required way publications staff to sign a checkout list indicating they are using the crapper......

I heard her say, at a cabinet meeting none-the-less, that she:

Hated all the changes that have happened the past several years

Pray tell Rosie...are you upset because the dictatorial powers of your predecessors were watered down when you took the reigns?

It's funny Rosie...around the campfire you are credited with saving gawd's ministry....

but in reality you hate the kinder, gentler way international your lawyers made for you....

Could it be that in your survival mode rush to grab a thread of legitimacy by cloaking yourself in corporate garb you made a mad dash into irrelevancy?

Just some rambling thoughts... :biglaugh:

(Whispered in the dark in conspiritorial tones)

Mutineer Mini-Boss: Okay,... so do we all agree on the plan?

Slow Mutineer: We have a Chief of Operations?

Mean mutineer: {mumbling beneath his breath} I told you not to bring her in on this... {points at Slow}

Genius Mutineer: {smugly} When we're in charge, everything will be better.

Mutineer Mini-Boss: We'll let her sit in the chair, but she's to dumb to do much. Don't worry, we'll be the ones who pull the strings as long as she gets her swill.

Actually, I remember how a lot of this evolved. Rosie with the Relevantly Buoffant Rear staked her claim by planting it right next to the head table at lunch. Her table - right there. Donna's family used to all sit there. That's how she wormed her way into being BFF's with Donna (amongst other things like vacations with her, etc.) Then she started pushing to run the Pres. Cabinet Meetings. All the while digging up useful dirt. When the time came, and they dropped the hammer, she traded the dirt info for a VP title. Then after that, the ousting, followed by putting the Okie dooface on probation and making him move. Magically, Donna didn't have to move with her husband - there was no divorce then, and any questions about that were quashed and people asking them were blacklisted and eventually targeted for removal.

COO of an increasingly dwindling empire - 80% gone over the VPW / Okie split, then Okie's winning personality drove off even more, then after that whatever is left just decimate that with the controlling politics.

Maybe she could write a book - "How to Be A Female Dictator".